By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What chill games (non combative/conventional) games do you guys play/recommend?

Rock Band, baby! 4-7 player couch co-op? Yeah, that's the good shit. Just a nice way to interact with your music library (Well, the library you download and is on disc). Turn on no-fail mode, let everyone pick their own speed, and BAM, everyone's jammin' to Boston or The Who.

Around the Network

VR Kanojo
Forza Horizon 4

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

The obvious answer is Animal Crossing and I am surprised it has not already flooded the thread lol.

It almost seems like the generic answer though TBH, but it is the only "chill" game I play.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

The chill games that I've probably played the most are the skate series. More realistic-ish skateboarding games like that are fun and relaxing because I can spend hours upon hours trying to nail a trick once I find a spot I like. Been considering a smaller game in that genre that released recently called Skater XL but unfortunately I haven't tried it yet and there are no skate games on the current consoles to my recollection.

Journey
Animal Crossing
Nintendogs
Telltale (The Walking Dead, Batman): These games may have intense and dramatic stories at times, but they're pretty easy all things considered. The two Batman: Telltale games are particularly easy.
Scribblenauts
Stardew Valley: There are monsters in the mines to fight, but you don't tend to explore the mines too much in most play styles.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Around the Network

Sorry forgot about this thread!

On Visually Novels - I kinda still want there to be some kind of "game", though I was thinking of trying out the Dogonrapa series and I heard nothing but praise for 999 games.

Has anybody played Wattam by Katamari Damacy guy? I have been eyeing that. I was thinking about FEZ too...

I’d still call what I play “conventional” though.

I play a lot of builder/simulation games. Well, maybe not a ‘lot’ in terms of numbers of different games, but a lot in terms of time. What I play is famous though, I’m talking about Anno (1800 at the moment), Planet Zoo/Coaster, Cities Skylines, Prison Architect (though those last two have been a while now) and all-time personal evergreens RollerCoaster Tycoon, SimCity 4 and when I’m in the mood classic stuff like Theme Hospital. Considering that last one I should try Two Point Hospital at some.. point. Next to those games I’m a big fan of Total War, though even though I mostly only play the campaign map mode and usually autoresolve battles, it’s obviously not really a ‘relaxing’ series.

85% of Pikmin 3. It's super relaxing... Until it gets intense.

Wold/Kingdom of Keflings is also great. Basically a drug.

d21lewis said:
85% of Pikmin 3. It's super relaxing... Until it gets intense.

Wold/Kingdom of Keflings is also great. Basically a drug.

If Pikman 3 or any Pikman for that matter was available, I would already have it.

Machina said:
okr said:
The most relaxing game I‘ve ever seen and played was released just 5 weeks ago (it‘s in EA but fully playable):

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1291340/Townscaper/

https://youtu.be/PjThL8zvJPk

Looks very cute from the trailer.

Torillian said:
The chill games that I've probably played the most are the skate series. More realistic-ish skateboarding games like that are fun and relaxing because I can spend hours upon hours trying to nail a trick once I find a spot I like. Been considering a smaller game in that genre that released recently called Skater XL but unfortunately I haven't tried it yet and there are no skate games on the current consoles to my recollection.

Oh? You're in for a treat.

Was going to reply snarkily with skater XL's metacritic but sadly it didn't fair much better https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/skater-xl