By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why you should buy PS5 on launch date explained.

As we all know, long-awaited Play Station 5 is launching this holiday season. Rumoured date is 20th of November and price is 399/499 based on leaks. In this thread, i argue why you should buy PS5 on launch date:

1. The game library will have at least 30 games upon launch, including exclusives

2. The design is the best made for a videogame console and it will look amazing on your living room

3. The price is reasonable and the fast memory will have greater results than the competition

4. The new controller, replacing the long standing black Dual Shock controller and introducing the futuristic dual sense with adaptive controls

5. 3rd Party commitment to make Play Station 5 their main point of development interest.

Around the Network

Just due to your amazing thread, I have decided to buy a ps5 day one! Thank you :)

Before i buy one i first need to play everything i missed or got in my backlog for ps4 and need to catch up with the traditional switch exclusives,so most likely i will buy the ps5 about a year after launch.

I didn't realize Sony had booked their next massage parlor appointment already.

JapaneseGamesLover said:

As we all know, long-awaited Play Station 5 is launching this holiday season. Rumoured date is 20th of November and price is 399/499 based on leaks. In this thread, i argue why you should buy PS5 on launch date:

1. The game library will have at least 30 games upon launch, including exclusives

2. The design is the best made for a videogame console and it will look amazing on your living room

3. The price is reasonable and the fast memory will have greater results than the competition

4. The new controller, replacing the long standing black Dual Shock controller and introducing the futuristic dual sense with adaptive controls

5. 3rd Party commitment to make Play Station 5 their main point of development interest.

1. Can you show us the list of confirmed launch titles?

2a. Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder

2b. Many will have problems to find a big enough space for that huge console

3. The price ain't announced yet

4a. Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder

4b. unnecessary extra costs for "player two", especially in third party games which don't support the new features

5. speculation

Around the Network

its like im staring in a mirror that shows me 12 years ago

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

I was not gonna do it, but that "it will look amazing in your living room" line convinced me.

kirby007 said:

its like im staring in a mirror that shows me 12 years ago

It's somewhat adorable to see his excitement on playstation.

Well I`m also planning to buy on the first opportunity.
It is funny to see so many people complaining that the dual shock never changes, and when it changes and with that you can`t use the older one on the new system it become an issue (even if for all the previous generation that wasn`t ever a problem).

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Those are all reasons to buy a ps5 (not super convincing imo), but I’m not seeing the reason to buy at launch... No reason not to wait and buy later, if at all...