Forums - Politics Discussion - Cori Bush won her primary

vivster said:
It's kinda disheartening to see that progressives go AGAINST other Democrats to force shit to happen when the Democrats are already supposed to be the progressives. Just shows how far to the right the Democrat establishment actually is.

The democrats are to the right of many European right wing parties.

Just goes to show how warped politics in America has gotten. I'm happy that you guys have the internet now and are exposed to how things look in the rest of the world. That means your media and politicians can't trick you anymore (even though they still pretend that they can).



I LOVE ICELAND!

Around the Network
KungKras said:
vivster said:
It's kinda disheartening to see that progressives go AGAINST other Democrats to force shit to happen when the Democrats are already supposed to be the progressives. Just shows how far to the right the Democrat establishment actually is.

The democrats are to the right of many European right wing parties.

Just goes to show how warped politics in America has gotten. I'm happy that you guys have the internet now and are exposed to how things look in the rest of the world. That means your media and politicians can't trick you anymore (even though they still pretend that they can).

I feel very offended now.



If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

sethnintendo said:
Thread would be better without stupid youtube person

Love you too.




KungKras said:
vivster said:
It's kinda disheartening to see that progressives go AGAINST other Democrats to force shit to happen when the Democrats are already supposed to be the progressives. Just shows how far to the right the Democrat establishment actually is.

The democrats are to the right of many European right wing parties.

Just goes to show how warped politics in America has gotten. I'm happy that you guys have the internet now and are exposed to how things look in the rest of the world. That means your media and politicians can't trick you anymore (even though they still pretend that they can).

With historical context, the policies that Bernie Sanders for example proposed aren't even that radically left wing. It's much closer to FDR's policies, which is a shame that politics in the US has swung so far to the right now that something as globally accepted as universal healthcare is hard to accomplish. However, and argument can be made that the US is this way cause of corporatism, which is an integral problem to the whole political system.




Ka-pi96 said:
OTBWY said:

She's African American?

And as we all know: https://youtu.be/pXyryUHItuc?t=5

Doesn't mean none of his family have any black relatives though.

It's something you have to wonder whenever you hear about a politician with the surname "Bush".

Twas a joke. But yeah, the Bush surname is more common then.




Around the Network

Progressives gain more and more seats in the House. Establishment Democrats won't be able to ignore them for long anymore and get pushed more and more to the left with more progressives making it into Congress.

vivster said:

I don't know her but progressive is usually a great attribute to have in US politics that are stuck in ancient past.

If you have Netflix, watch Knock Down The House, which is about the 2018 House of Representatives campaigns of Cory Bush, AOC, and two other progressive women who sadly lost.



Awesome. Whatever gets the old fossils out of power.



Bofferbrauer2 said:

Progressives gain more and more seats in the House. Establishment Democrats won't be able to ignore them for long anymore and get pushed more and more to the left with more progressives making it into Congress.

vivster said:

I don't know her but progressive is usually a great attribute to have in US politics that are stuck in ancient past.

If you have Netflix, watch Knock Down The House, which is about the 2018 House of Representatives campaigns of Cory Bush, AOC, and two other progressive women who sadly lost.

Paula Jean Swearengin is also in the documentary and she won her primary this year. Given, as it goes after a senate seat held by a republican her major competition in the primary was another progressive: Richard Ojeda (who was also an early presidential candidate). The actual election in November will be difficult, but in West Virginia it is not clear in one partisan bracket. Generic polling for Capito against an unknown democratic challenger showed back in June Capito leading with 48% vs. 35% for the Democrat. Swearengin has to make more than 10%, although having an actual candidate instead of unknown democrat might already move the polling.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_United_States_Senate_election_in_West_Virginia

If her primary challengers support her it might be interesting, as all three had different regional support in the primary.

EDIT: Oh, actually Ojeda is already supporting Swearengin:

EDIT 2: And Bernie Sanders is also supporting her:

https://wvmetronews.com/2020/07/09/swearengin-receives-sanders-endorsement/

A progressive senator out of West Virginia would be pretty great.

Last edited by Mnementh - on 12 August 2020

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019

Predictions: Switch / Switch vs. XB1 in the US / Three Houses first quarter

LudicrousSpeed said:
Awesome. Whatever gets the old fossils out of power.

I would have liked Tulsi Gabbard to get a better chance,she is a one of the very rare left wing.



Mnementh said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

Progressives gain more and more seats in the House. Establishment Democrats won't be able to ignore them for long anymore and get pushed more and more to the left with more progressives making it into Congress.

If you have Netflix, watch Knock Down The House, which is about the 2018 House of Representatives campaigns of Cory Bush, AOC, and two other progressive women who sadly lost.

Paula Jean Swearengin is also in the documentary and she won her primary this year. Given, as it goes after a senate seat held by a republican her major competition in the primary was another progressive: Richard Ojeda (who was also an early presidential candidate). The actual election in November will be difficult, but in West Virginia it is not clear in one partisan bracket. Generic polling for Capito against an unknown democratic challenger showed back in June Capito leading with 48% vs. 35% for the Democrat. Swearengin has to make more than 10%, although having an actual candidate instead of unknown democrat might already move the polling.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_United_States_Senate_election_in_West_Virginia

If her primary challengers support her it might be interesting, as all three had different regional support in the primary.

EDIT: Oh, actually Ojeda is already supporting Swearengin:

EDIT 2: And Bernie Sanders is also supporting her:

https://wvmetronews.com/2020/07/09/swearengin-receives-sanders-endorsement/

A progressive senator out of West Virginia would be pretty great.

That's great, hope she wins the election, too.

That would then just leave one person in that documentary that didn't get an opportunity to Knock Down The House...