By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Cori Bush won her primary

Cori Bush won the primary in her district in Missouri against incumbent Lacy Clay. She joins more progressive in races for congress. Paula Jean Swearengin already won her primary for the senate seat in West Virginia. So in 2020 a lot more progressive candidates are on the ballot for congress.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssQOlYoTSkA

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network

I don't know her but progressive is usually a great attribute to have in US politics that are stuck in ancient past.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

That's a huge upset. Beat a 50 year political dynasty. Which also should be addressed: Why aren't there term limits on that level?

OTBWY said:
That's a huge upset. Beat a 50 year political dynasty. Which also should be addressed: Why aren't there term limits on that level?

That 50 year dynasty gets even stupider when you realize it was only 2 people (father and son) who were elected 16 and 10 times, respectively.

Term limits are needed ASAP.

Ka-pi96 said:
Any relation to George?

She's African American?

And as we all know: https://youtu.be/pXyryUHItuc?t=5

Around the Network

Thread would be better without stupid youtube person

vivster said:

I don't know her but progressive is usually a great attribute to have in US politics that are stuck in ancient past.

She was one of the politicians covered in the documentary 'Knock down the house' (which I recommend to learn about progressives in the US).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCSo2hZRcXk

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

It's kinda disheartening to see that progressives go AGAINST other Democrats to force shit to happen when the Democrats are already supposed to be the progressives. Just shows how far to the right the Democrat establishment actually is.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
It's kinda disheartening to see that progressives go AGAINST other Democrats to force shit to happen when the Democrats are already supposed to be the progressives. Just shows how far to the right the Democrat establishment actually is.

The democrats are to the right of many European right wing parties.

Just goes to show how warped politics in America has gotten. I'm happy that you guys have the internet now and are exposed to how things look in the rest of the world. That means your media and politicians can't trick you anymore (even though they still pretend that they can).

I LOVE ICELAND!

KungKras said:
vivster said:

The democrats are to the right of many European right wing parties.

Just goes to show how warped politics in America has gotten. I'm happy that you guys have the internet now and are exposed to how things look in the rest of the world. That means your media and politicians can't trick you anymore (even though they still pretend that they can).

I feel very offended now.