Forums - Gaming Discussion - Fall Guys Is Amazing! (Now the most downloaded PS Plus game of all time!)

John2290 said:
It's a great idea but horribly executed, I've played games that look and feel better in dreams.

Controls are very clunky, but I think it contributes to the chaos and randomness where people bump into each other, fall over, miss a simple jump, etc.
This often leads to unexpected upsets close to the finish line, and that's part of what makes it fun imo.

Around the Network

Shu got his first win yesterday and posted it on Twitter with the video lol;

Bristow9091 said:

Shu got his first win yesterday and posted it on Twitter with the video lol;

That patience.
I still don't have my first win, though I haven't played in a couple of days.

I love this game, played all yesterday. Big fan of Takeshi's Castle show.

lol
Courtesy of Shad in Discord.

Around the Network

Frustrating is more like it. I get the sloppy controls are part of the appeal but they're too inconsistent. The jumps, the distance, why is it random whether you make it or not?

Downloaded it today finally. It is pretty darn fun. Already got to the final round like 9 times today with 2 wins so far. I must say that the game has showed me just how bad some people are at platforming though, spectating some randoms after finishing rounds myself, some of these people are just hopeless, trying to make jumps that are clearly impossible. The see-saw level and the slime climb level seem to weed out the most people, though I'm personally great at both of them, almost always am top 3 on the climb one, see-saw one is more luck than anything, if you spawn at the front you can breeze through it, if you spawn at the back of the pack you get stuck with the hopeless people who have no concept of basic physics and don't understand how to level the see-saws. 

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 10 August 2020

I get such bad luck with the team games sometimes, I kind of wish they weren't in the game. I had one tail team one where I kept my tail the whole game but my team lost anyway because my teammates sucked.

John2290 said:
It's a great idea but horribly executed, I've played games that look and feel better in dreams.

DPsx7 said:
Frustrating is more like it. I get the sloppy controls are part of the appeal but they're too inconsistent. The jumps, the distance, why is it random whether you make it or not?

You guys are harsh. Finally tried it. To me it plays fine. I wasn't surprised by what I experienced either. It felt almost exactly as I thought it would based on the footage I saw. I'm guessing the floatiness is something you guys don't like? I never experienced any inconsistency with the jumping, but I'll keep an eye out for it.

Played only a little bit, getting KO'd in the 3 round in a game where the floor tiles disappear. I had no idea what the f*** was going on. Kinda missed the instructions.

Chinese food for breakfast

DPsx7 said:

I don't think I've experienced inconsistent jumps. Could you give an example?
If you mean falling over after you jump, I believe it's dependent on height and surface.

COKTOE said:

You guys are harsh. Finally tried it. To me it plays fine. I wasn't surprised by what I experienced either. It felt almost exactly as I thought it would based on the footage I saw. I'm guessing the floatiness is something you guys don't like? I never experienced any inconsistency with the jumping, but I'll keep an eye out for it.

Played only a little bit, getting KO'd in the 3 round in a game where the floor tiles disappear. I had no idea what the f*** was going on. Kinda missed the instructions.

You mean the one with the fruits? First you memorize where they are. Then you look at the big screen, it will show you one of them and then you need to move to the corresponding tile quickly.
Tip: You can walk over them, no need to jump in spite of the small gap.