By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation 5 - Answering Your Questions On Compatible PS4 Peripherals & Accessories

DonFerrari said:
COKTOE said:
Didn't Sony already say that the Move controller, Aim controller, and PSVR would work on PS5? I want some info on PSVR 2, so I know what to do with PSVR. I have come close to pulling the trigger in the last couple weeks, but have a strong suspicion the that buying it at this point would lead to getting massively burned by a price drop, and/or PSVR 2 announcement.

Possibly won`t work on the PS5 VR games.

Yeah. A high possibility I would imagine.

PotentHerbs said:
COKTOE said:
Didn't Sony already say that the Move controller, Aim controller, and PSVR would work on PS5? I want some info on PSVR 2, so I know what to do with PSVR. I have come close to pulling the trigger in the last couple weeks, but have a strong suspicion the that buying it at this point would lead to getting massively burned by a price drop, and/or PSVR 2 announcement.

A PSVR price drop could happen at this event but a PSVR2 announcement is probably a few years away. 

Hope so with the price drop. Just read about the update from Sony regarding the State Of Play this week. Only a few days left.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network

Will a PS5 controller work on PS4 tho? DS4 works on PS3. My Genesis controllers work on Master System.

Sony can force me to use the DS but I am still turning off all the bullshit the second I turn the PS5 on.

Last edited by Leynos - on 03 August 2020

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:

Will a PS5 controller work on PS4 tho? DS4 works on PS3. My Genesis controllers work on Master System.

Sony can force me to use the DS but I am still turning off all the bullshit the second I turn the PS5 on.

I didn't know the DS4 worked on the PS3, that's a nice touch. Wish something similar was possible on Nintendo consoles. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Leynos said:

Don't know how prevalent compatibility issues are, but I've run into them on the one and only PS3 game ( EDF 2025) that I attempted to play with a DS4. There's a fairly comprehensive list out there as far as I remember, but I'm too lazy to look while on mobile.

And yeah there were a slew of systems with the same plug-in port as the Genesis. C64, ColecoVision, Atari Jaguar, 2600 Master System, and more I'm missing. Even those had bizarre compatibility problems. Using a ColecoVision controller on a C64 for example, often produced a crazy-fast rapid fire, which put actual rapid fire controllers to shame. I'm gonna assume the Genesis controller worked well enough on the Master System. Never tried it.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Metallox said:
Leynos said:

I didn't know the DS4 worked on the PS3, that's a nice touch. Wish something similar was possible on Nintendo consoles. 

It's not 100% compatible.

Around the Network
Metallox said:
Leynos said:

As COKTOE stated as well it’s not 100% compatible. For instance, some PS3 games won’t work with DS4 and the PS button on the DS4 won’t work on PS3.

Expected. Sony would want developers to make full use of the DualSense features.

I'd love it if they developed proper working drivers for PC that can also make use of the extra functionality.

hinch said:
Expected. Sony would want developers to make full use of the DualSense features.

I'd love it if they developed proper working drivers for PC that can also make use of the extra functionality.

don't worry, if sony won't, the community will.

COKTOE said:
Leynos said:

Don't know how prevalent compatibility issues are, but I've run into them on the one and only PS3 game ( EDF 2025) that I attempted to play with a DS4. There's a fairly comprehensive list out there as far as I remember, but I'm too lazy to look while on mobile.

And yeah there were a slew of systems with the same plug-in port as the Genesis. C64, ColecoVision, Atari Jaguar, 2600 Master System, and more I'm missing. Even those had bizarre compatibility problems. Using a ColecoVision controller on a C64 for example, often produced a crazy-fast rapid fire, which put actual rapid fire controllers to shame. I'm gonna assume the Genesis controller worked well enough on the Master System. Never tried it.

lol yeah Shinobi will not work on SMS with a Genny controller.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

twintail said:
vivster said:

Makes sense for companies who want to peddle their plastic even though people already have perfectly fine plastic at home. I already know that the DS4 will work perfectly fine with next gen games on PC so the only reason that the DS4 doesn't work on PS5 games is because they do not want it to work. And isn't that just cheeky.

I'm sorry. I didn't realise your DS4 had adaptive triggers, a mic, and haptic feedback.

Please let me know where you bought it.

There going to be many game that doesn't need adaptive triggers, a mic and haptic feedback. Especially, all 3rd party games that will work on the Xbox one Controller. Any PS5 game could have DS4 options if supported. But, Sony decided to disable the option to sell peripherals.

I'd rather Sony would of said that the DS4 will have very limited support and that most PS5 games won't be supporting the DS4 controller.