By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation 5 - Answering Your Questions On Compatible PS4 Peripherals & Accessories

From PlayStation Blog:

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/08/03/playstation-5-answering-your-questions-on-compatible-ps4-peripherals-accessories/

Which existing PS4 peripherals/accessories will work on PS5?

• Specialty peripherals, such as officially licensed racing wheels, arcade sticks, and flight sticks, will work with PS5 games and supported PS4 games.
  • The Platinum and Gold Wireless Headsets, as well as third-party headsets that connect via USB port or audio jack, will work on PS5 (the headset companion app is not compatible with PS5).
  • The DualShock 4 wireless controller and PlayStation officially licensed third-party gamepad controllers will work with supported PS4 games. 
  • Both the PS Move Motion Controllers and the PlayStation VR Aim Controller will work with supported PS VR games on PS5.

Please note, not all PlayStation officially licensed or third-party peripherals/accessories may work on PS5. We recommend checking with the manufacturer to confirm whether a product will work on PS5 and specific titles. 

Will DualShock 4 work with PS5 games?

No, we believe that PS5 games should take advantage of the new capabilities and features we’re bringing to the platform, including the features of DualSense wireless controller.

Is the PlayStation Camera for PS4 compatible with PS5?

Yes, PlayStation Camera will work with PS5 for playing supported PS VR games. It will require a PlayStation Camera adaptor that will be provided at no additional cost to PS VR users. More details on how to get the adaptor will be announced at a later date.

Around the Network

Logitech G25, yay or nay? This kept me from playing any driving game in PS4. I'm not spending big bucks each time a new generation comes when the G25 is still perfect...

If they don't support it, then i guess it's bye bye to GT.

oh the ps cam adaptor will be free for PSVR users, that's a nice gesture

So DualShock 4 won't work for PS5 games, but will work on all PS4 games on the PS5?

Interesting

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Having DS4 be compatible to play PS4 games is already more than I was expecting.
And for accessories, my racing wheel for PS3 still worked on PS4, my drum and guitar as well. Let`s see how PS5 will do this,

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
twintail said:
Captain_Yuri said:
So DualShock 4 won't work for PS5 games, but will work on all PS4 games on the PS5?

Interesting

PS4 doesn't have the PS5 features, and PS5 has the PS4 features.

Makes sense i think

Makes sense for companies who want to peddle their plastic even though people already have perfectly fine plastic at home. I already know that the DS4 will work perfectly fine with next gen games on PC so the only reason that the DS4 doesn't work on PS5 games is because they do not want it to work. And isn't that just cheeky.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Didn't Sony already say that the Move controller, Aim controller, and PSVR would work on PS5? I want some info on PSVR 2, so I know what to do with PSVR. I have come close to pulling the trigger in the last couple weeks, but have a strong suspicion the that buying it at this point would lead to getting massively burned by a price drop, and/or PSVR 2 announcement.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

COKTOE said:
Didn't Sony already say that the Move controller, Aim controller, and PSVR would work on PS5? I want some info on PSVR 2, so I know what to do with PSVR. I have come close to pulling the trigger in the last couple weeks, but have a strong suspicion the that buying it at this point would lead to getting massively burned by a price drop, and/or PSVR 2 announcement.

Possibly won`t work on the PS5 VR games.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Dualshock 4 compatibility is no big deal to me. It's not like a Dualshock 5 won't come with a PS5 lol.

COKTOE said:

A PSVR price drop could happen at this event but a PSVR2 announcement is probably a few years away.