By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo Infinite to have free MP, support 120FPS

Oh the horror getting free MP and still having to pay for the campaign

So player unfriendly

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
Manlytears said:

so... Multiplayer is free, and people that spend $60 are only getting Campaign + (most likely) extra costumes/weapon skins/etc.??

I mean... they will try to sell "campaign only" Halo + ( most likely but not confirmed) "some extras" for $60!? I don't think this is a good idea...

Considering this is the first truly open world Halo campaign, it's a pretty safe bet that the singleplayer is at least twice the size of previous Halo games. That plus the first multiplayer battlepass included for $60 would be a good deal imo. 

They have already gone on the books and compared the campaign to previous Halo entries stating it is several time larger than Halo 4 and 5 combined.
From that aspect alone, definitely getting your moneys worth... But if there is allot of "filler" fluff... The great thing about Halo 1-2-3 is that you often weren't standing around doing nothing for any significant amounts of time or dealing with arbitrary collect-a-thon side quests, there was always a new goal and objective and the game had a good pace due to the apocalyptic threat.

Gameplay looks solid with some new gameplay nuances, just the visuals are letting the package down... I will be plonking down the cash and grabbing it day 1 like with every Halo game.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Manlytears said:

so... Multiplayer is free, and people that spend $60 are only getting Campaign + (most likely) extra costumes/weapon skins/etc.??

I mean... they will try to sell "campaign only" Halo + ( most likely but not confirmed) "some extras" for $60!? I don't think this is a good idea...

Why is it not a good idea? “Only getting campaign”, I mean... like most other games? Is it not a good idea for Sony to sell LoU2 with no MP for $60? Or Nintendo if Prime 4 has no MP but is still $60? As long as the SP is fully featured, anything bonus in the multiplayer is just icing on the cake.

kirby007 said:
Dallinor said:
That explains the visuals then. They've made Halo F2P, they want the biggest user base they can possibly get, so the Xbox One was actually probably prioritised. (I think single player has been confirmed at 60fps.) They probably should have opened with this information before showing off the campaign. This is a totally different game to what was expected.

Pros: Definitely brings in a much bigger audience. Battlepass and microstransactions will probably ensure long and continued support and visual upgrades over time.
Cons: F2P models with crossplay allows access for a huge number of cheaters. Content could lie behind limited time battlepasses. If you're a fan of the halo story this model could massively delay any future releases to the campaign.

With no beta I wonder how the servers will hold up when millions log on day one. I'm also assuming there will be BR. Everything seems to point to it.

what do you mean how will the servers hold up? they ain't blizzard aka a multibilliondollar comp that cant handle the servers for its subscription+paid expansion content

he's talking about day one and no beta to help with stress testing.https://www.slashgear.com/halo-4-launch-day-players-greeted-with-server-issues-06255829/

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Would MS dare try a Halo Infinite campaign exclusive to XB+PC, then have Halo F2P mutliplayer for everyone's existing and next gen hardware, on a level like Epic's Fortnite?

I wonder how many PS and Nin gamers would play and get hooked enough to buy the Halo Infinite campaign on PC or with an XB console purchase?

Around the Network

shikamaru317 said:

Considering this is the first truly open world Halo campaign, it's a pretty safe bet that the singleplayer is at least twice the size of previous Halo games. That plus the first multiplayer battlepass included for $60 would be a good deal imo. 

I really hope you are correct and they can make good campaign. it makes sense to sell a "season pass / Battle pass" included with the "campaign".
No offensive intentions, but the Xbox team movement really looks something similar to what was done with "Black Ops 4" mixed with "Warzone". I dare say that it is a very aggressive movement, I believe that many traditional fans did not approve, but there is definitely great potential.

LudicrousSpeed said:

Why is it not a good idea? “Only getting campaign”, I mean... like most other games? Is it not a good idea for Sony to sell LoU2 with no MP for $60? Or Nintendo if Prime 4 has no MP but is still $60? As long as the SP is fully featured, anything bonus in the multiplayer is just icing on the cake.

The basis of your argument is correct. If ND can launch LoUs II without multiplayer and if Nintendo can launch "insert name" without multiplayer then why can't 343I make Halo Infinete and charge only for the Campaign?I have no objection, 343 I do have every right to launch the game in two parts, one paid (campaign) and one free (multiplayer) but still .... Pay to play only the Halo single player (and probably some extras, maybe the battlepass of the season) is strange, because Halo has always treated "multiplayer" as the "flagship", which makes the game "worth the money invested", something that is different in Sony and Nintendo games, both they usually treat Single player as the main component.

To better elaborate the feeling of strangeness of which I speak, allow me to bring an example. Suppose you go to a restaurant for lunch, and they say "here are the options for lunch", you choose and then you eat, done (this is what I feel about buying any single player game from ND and Nintendo). continuing the example, on the other day you go to a neighboring restaurant and also order lunch, but the waiter shows you the list of desserts and then says "lunch is free and you don't have to order dessert" !! You are free to disagree with me, but that is my point.

Side note: I really apologize if i have offended someone, i am not here to fuel "console war", i just want to discuss the strategic decision made by the xbox team. I also apologize for the poor English, not a native speaker.

Last edited by Manlytears - on 31 July 2020

EricHiggin said:

Would MS dare try a Halo Infinite campaign exclusive to XB+PC, then have Halo F2P mutliplayer for everyone's existing and next gen hardware, on a level like Epic's Fortnite?

I wonder how many PS and Nin gamers would play and get hooked enough to buy the Halo Infinite campaign on PC or with an XB console purchase?

That tactic would certainly work if the campaign was a must-have knock-it-out-of-the-park story and gameplay... But honestly they would be better served porting MCC over and hooking them into the franchise that way.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

120fps is wasted to me, my TV only outputs 60 and so would many others unless playing on a monitor or high end TV.
As long as they launch MP with all its features like many maps, Forge mode, good amount of game modes than great.

Good stuff hopefully its free on PC as well. And hope they have a good anti-cheat system, because most FTP games are swarming with cheaters.

I think they just want to say that Live subscription won’t be needed to access the MP.