By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo Infinite to have free MP, support 120FPS

https://twitter.com/Halo?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1289298976550731776%7Ctwgr%5E&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs9e.github.io%2Fiframe%2F2%2Ftwitter.min.html1289298976550731776

But I wonder if that 120fps is limited to MP?

Run me over with a Warthog if old

Around the Network

VROEM VROEM

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

I don't understand why this announcement was made. I assume there was a significant amount of noise being made by fans expecting subscription model? I was half expecting it to be honest, but didn't see many people talking about it. Then again, I haven't spent much time in Xbox threads.

- Nevermind. I take it to mean that Gold is not required to play. I fell asleep on the kitchen floor last night. 

Last edited by COKTOE - on 31 July 2020

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

That's nice as long as only the cosmetics are monetized.

With Xbox 360 graphics I’m sure it wasn’t hard to get 120fps

-User was banned for this post JWeincom

Last edited by JWeinCom - on 31 July 2020

Around the Network

That explains the visuals then. They've made Halo F2P, they want the biggest user base they can possibly get, so the Xbox One was actually probably prioritised. (I think single player has been confirmed at 60fps.) They probably should have opened with this information before showing off the campaign. This is a totally different game to what was expected.

Pros: Definitely brings in a much bigger audience. Battlepass and microstransactions will probably ensure long and continued support and visual upgrades over time.
Cons: F2P models with crossplay allows access for a huge number of cheaters. Content could lie behind limited time battlepasses. If you're a fan of the halo story this model could massively delay any future releases to the campaign.

With no beta I wonder how the servers will hold up when millions log on day one. I'm also assuming there will be BR. Everything seems to point to it.

Battle pass, yes please. I am yet to see one implemented in a game that wasn’t done very well and add a lot to the game. But I haven’t played them in Fortnite.

Dallinor said:
That explains the visuals then. They've made Halo F2P, they want the biggest user base they can possibly get, so the Xbox One was actually probably prioritised. (I think single player has been confirmed at 60fps.) They probably should have opened with this information before showing off the campaign. This is a totally different game to what was expected.

Pros: Definitely brings in a much bigger audience. Battlepass and microstransactions will probably ensure long and continued support and visual upgrades over time.
Cons: F2P models with crossplay allows access for a huge number of cheaters. Content could lie behind limited time battlepasses. If you're a fan of the halo story this model could massively delay any future releases to the campaign.

With no beta I wonder how the servers will hold up when millions log on day one. I'm also assuming there will be BR. Everything seems to point to it.

what do you mean how will the servers hold up? they ain't blizzard aka a multibilliondollar comp that cant handle the servers for its subscription+paid expansion content

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Huge!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

so... Multiplayer is free, and people that spend $60 are only getting Campaign + (most likely) extra costumes/weapon skins/etc.??

I mean... they will try to sell "campaign only" Halo + ( most likely but not confirmed) "some extras" for $60!? I don't think this is a good idea...