By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Digital Foundry: Flight Simulator PC Hands-On

Tagged games:

kirby007 said:

what i took from the video is that he called medium still very impressive, i hope i can run high

Yup, but what worries me a bit that it doesn't seem to scale very well.

Adjusting those settings from highest to lowest would sometimes only recover 4-5 fps, which doesn't line up with how much fidelity is gained or lost when making those changes.

But that means the reverse is true as well, if you can run medium, high won't drop the fps much :)

Around the Network

My son wants to play this game real bad. I just hope my GTX 1070 can handle It.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

SvennoJ said:
kirby007 said:

what i took from the video is that he called medium still very impressive, i hope i can run high

Adjusting those settings from highest to lowest would sometimes only recover 4-5 fps, which doesn't line up with how much fidelity is gained or lost when making those changes.

But that means the reverse is true as well, if you can run medium, high won't drop the fps much :)

The weird thing about that is, Digital Foundry says otherwise when it comes to scaling in their video so it sounds like Ars is running into a bottleneck somewhere or something is weird about their config which could be a result of it still being in beta.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Captain_Yuri said:
SvennoJ said:

The weird thing about that is, Digital Foundry says otherwise when it comes to scaling in their video so it sounds like Ars is running into a bottleneck somewhere or something is weird about their config which could be a result of it still being in beta.

quite sure he mentioned CPU bottleneck?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:
Captain_Yuri said:

quite sure he mentioned CPU bottleneck?

Yea could be but the weird thing is that with the i5 8400 that DF tested (which is obviously weaker than the i7) paired with a 580/1060. It still ran without much issues but then again, I doubt DF used that very extensively in their testing.

Hopefully it will get better by the time it comes out.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
Captain_Yuri said:
SvennoJ said:

These images barely look 8th gen.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Cause they are in low settings

Captain_Yuri said:
DonFerrari said:

Well the one in the left altough 540p is set on ultra. And still only 74fps, that shows that even for DF performance is still on need of work.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

just watch the video

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

DonFerrari said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Well the one in the left altough 540p is set on ultra. And still only 74fps, that shows that even for DF performance is still on need of work.

Yea that's true but it still has to render a lot of things like the buildings, trees, cloud, lighting and etc as resolution is just one aspect of the pie. Lowering resolution helps greatly at times but there's still other things the GPU still needs to render which is why there's a difference in frame rate going from Ultra to low.