By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware July 19 to 25 - Sales Drop Week-on-Week for All Consoles

Switch Asia numbers just insane.

Around the Network

Heh, PS4 still slightly above Switch in Europe. Meanwhile in Asia Switch is outselling PS4 by about 10 to 1. I think even in Western Europe Switch is outselling PS4, but in Eastern Europe a lot of people are discovering Playstation for the first time.

Nintendo must be getting tired because they’ve been running over the charts ALL YEAR!!!!!

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Switch has still DS like numbers. Pretty sure it will hit 25M this year.

That's 7 straight weeks over 300,000 for the Switch if I'm not mistaken. Impressive.

Around the Network
The_Liquid_Laser said:
Heh, PS4 still slightly above Switch in Europe. Meanwhile in Asia Switch is outselling PS4 by about 10 to 1. I think even in Western Europe Switch is outselling PS4, but in Eastern Europe a lot of people are discovering Playstation for the first time.

No its not working that way. 

Im not from Eastern Europe, but i worked for sometime "there" (for gaming marketing industry) and you should just stop thinking that Eastern Europe is a "wild" place. PlayStation brand was present in Eastern Europe back in the 90s with the first PS. 

Ardormor said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

Im not from Eastern Europe, but i worked for sometime "there" (for gaming marketing industry) and you should just stop thinking that Eastern Europe is a "wild" place. PlayStation brand was present in Eastern Europe back in the 90s with the first PS. 

If he's american, I'm not really surprised by the way he pictures Eastern Europe.

Ardormor said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

Nintendo has yet minor penetration in easter Europe, the middle east, and Asia. This count. Nintendo is really strong in the Americas, Japan, France, Germany and Australia

Well it can't keep increasing forever, perhaps it is just a single week because of supply constraints.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Ardormor said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

You are reading way too much into my post. 

Whatever data I've seen from Europe shows that PS4 is not selling significantly better in places like UK and France compared to say the PS3.  Meanwhile Germany is buying the PS4 in much greater numbers.  That represents market expansion.  Likewise, you see PS4 hardware numbers staying high in Europe while in the rest of the world they are dropping simply because the system is old.  That also represents market expansion.  People are discovering Playstation for the first time several years after PS4's launch.

Market expansion doesn't mean that the system wasn't ever present in the country.  It means that it is reaching new people.  The Wii expanded the video game market in the US during Generation 7.  It wasn't because they'd never seen video games before.  It was because the Wii was reaching people who weren't interested in video games before.  PS4 is expanding the market in Central and Eastern Europe.  That is why it is still selling well there.