By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - (CONFIRMED) Sony State of Play August 6th - No Big PS5 news

How do you grade SOP August 6th 2020?

Thank God they advised to... 9 24.32%

Lot`s of gameplay/10 3 8.11%

7+ (Very good) 5 13.51%

3 - (Very bad) 9 24.32%

4 to 6 (Lukewarm) 11 29.73%

Total:37
Alara317 said:
Jannlee48504 said:
Cmon are we really giving sony a pass for this i remember microsoft got criticism for their 3rd party showing on their first xbox series x game showing. We seriously can't be bias now

There's no bias. Sony said it would be PS4 focused, not heavy on PS5 news, and it actually showed gameplay! It was exactly what it promised and needed to be, even if none of the announcements got me super excited. I'd personally rate it a 5 or 6 outta 10, but I'll defend it regardless. 

Why does everything have to be us vs them with some people? Believe it or not, MOST people don't actually give a shit about the console wars. MOST people don't go into something like this with a "it's not MY brand so I'mma hate it" or "I'm going to immediately compare it favourably to that other shitty presentation" mentality. Instead of this bias-based conspiracy theory, why can't it just be that...this presentation was objectively better and more in line with what it promised than an Xbox Series X showcase that did nothing to showcase gameplay on the Xbox Series X like it promised? 

Yeah i agree,it's a thing on the internet.(and i often find it entertaining to see how over the top people can be about a product)

As long that they do not start spewing insults at eachother i find it to be pretty harmless but i must confess that this behaviour gets me irritated when it is surrounding other more important topics.

Around the Network

Crash Bandicoot: IT's about Time - If not for the fact that I refuse to give Activision my money (Seriously, I'm so sick of their disgusting policies), I'd be 100% sold on this. It looks fantastic and a wonderful addition to the already great N-Sane Trilogy. 8/10

Hitman III - personally I couldn't give less of a shit about this. 1/10

Braid Anniversary Edition - sure. Looks cute. I remember enjoying the game. Love the improvements. 6/10

The Pathless - Knew nothing about this game going in, now it's a game I genuinely must have in my collection. Looks fun, love the world design and gameplay, and the marketing here was on point. 8/10

Spelunky 2 - Personally never got into the first game but this looks like a respectable followup for those interested. Neutral 5/10

Genshin Impact - It looks like Breath of the Wild for Weeaboos....and I fully approve this message. Looks like fun, definitely a game I'll keep my eye on. 7/10

Aeon Must die - I didn't decipher any of the trailer to know or care about it. X/10

Anno Mutationen - Looks....passable. Even though it looks fine, something about it is rubbing me the wrong way. 3/10

Bugsnax - My first impression was mildly positive. But now, I dunno, this looks too weird for me. I guess I shoulda expected it given the developer, but I'm not interested. 4/10

Vader Immortal - Looks like what the Star Wars kinect SHOULD have been. I don't have VR so I can't get this, but if I could...8/10!

Control: AWE - Haven't played Control but this looks like a good expansion. 6/10

AutoChess - Ew. Everything about this turned me off. 1/10

The Pedestrian - I saw Jacksepticeye play this a while back and loved it. Brilliant puzzle platformer. 7/10

Hood: Outlaws and Legends - Sure. this is a thing. I get a very 'ubisoft attempts a squad-based combat game' vibe. Not bad or anything, but I have no further feelings. 5/10

TemTem - My initial thoughts involved gaging and trying to douse myself in eyebleach, but the more I read into it, the more cautiously optimistic I became. But, like, seriously, it looks like a shitty DS Shovelware carbon copy of Pokemon....still, I'll remain neutral for now. 5/10

GodFall - Honestly, this game LOOKS gorgeous. The art direction is so brilliant and it reminds me a lot of God of War 2018 (which is a GREAT game to emulate). that said, the gameplay looks pretty boring and repetitive despite the length of time spent on explaining two of the six combat styles. I figure this would be fun as hell to play co-op with friends, but an absolute slog solo. I might be an outlier here but I'm going to give it a tentatively positive 6/10 if only for the co-op.

Alara317 said:
Crash Bandicoot: IT's about Time - If not for the fact that I refuse to give Activision my money (Seriously, I'm so sick of their disgusting policies), I'd be 100% sold on this. It looks fantastic and a wonderful addition to the already great N-Sane Trilogy. 8/10

Braid Anniversary Edition - sure. Looks cute. I remember enjoying the game. Love the improvements. 6/10

The Pathless - Knew nothing about this game going in, now it's a game I genuinely must have in my collection. Looks fun, love the world design and gameplay, and the marketing here was on point. 8/10

Spelunky 2 - Personally never got into the first game but this looks like a respectable followup for those interested. Neutral 5/10

Genshin Impact - It looks like Breath of the Wild for Weeaboos....and I fully approve this message. Looks like fun, definitely a game I'll keep my eye on. 7/10

Aeon Must die - I didn't decipher any of the trailer to know or care about it. X/10

Anno Mutationen - Looks....passable. Even though it looks fine, something about it is rubbing me the wrong way. 3/10

Bugsnax - My first impression was mildly positive. But now, I dunno, this looks too weird for me. I guess I shoulda expected it given the developer, but I'm not interested. 4/10

Vader Immortal - Looks like what the Star Wars kinect SHOULD have been. I don't have VR so I can't get this, but if I could...8/10!

Control: AWE - Haven't played Control but this looks like a good expansion. 6/10

The Pedestrian - I saw Jacksepticeye play this a while back and loved it. Brilliant puzzle platformer. 7/10

Hood: Outlaws and Legends - Sure. this is a thing. I get a very 'ubisoft attempts a squad-based combat game' vibe. Not bad or anything, but I have no further feelings. 5/10

TemTem - My initial thoughts involved gaging and trying to douse myself in eyebleach, but the more I read into it, the more cautiously optimistic I became. But, like, seriously, it looks like a shitty DS Shovelware carbon copy of Pokemon....still, I'll remain neutral for now. 5/10

GodFall - Honestly, this game LOOKS gorgeous. The art direction is so brilliant and it reminds me a lot of God of War 2018 (which is a GREAT game to emulate). that said, the gameplay looks pretty boring and repetitive despite the length of time spent on explaining two of the six combat styles. I figure this would be fun as hell to play co-op with friends, but an absolute slog solo. I might be an outlier here but I'm going to give it a tentatively positive 6/10 if only for the co-op.

Bolded: I'm in the same boat,that game really speaks to me and crash bandicoot was always one of my most beloved series but i do not want to support activision/blizzard no more,same with EA and i do not think i will buy Ubisoft future games either.

Alara317 said:

They said there will be no MTX, and perhaps no DLC as well.

Well the VR is a bonus, and it didn`t look bad for a VR game.

Visual Novel aesthetic, seemed good enough for me.

Didn`t seem a good game for me, and I do like VR.

Seemed quite interesting to me, but then we need gameplay to evaluate properly.

Was what I thought, but then some other users said it is quite good on PC.

I was quite unimpressed by this game since the first announcement, but the gameplay video made me think it is possibly a good game. And perhaps it is as deep as they said in the presentation, it seemed to have a lot of potential and variety, but only playing to know.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Quick note: Just becuase they claim Crash Bandicoot It's About Time won't have microtransactions doesn't mean it won't. There are plenty of times this company has said the same thing (Them and EA both) and lied about it by later integrating it into the game. And, regardless of whether or not Crash has them, the company still goes full-bore on Microtransactions and lootboxes in other games and perpetuate so many shitty business practices that I don't want to give them ANY of my money regardless of whether or not their bad practices apply here. They've been so bad in so many categories for so long that they need to do a LOT of work to get my trust back and I just don't know if that's possible anymore.

and seriously Fuck Bobby Kotick.

Around the Network

For me the show quenched my thirst until the next one. I watch all the conferences each year by all companies. With the year being the way it is and the anticipation of the new hardware about to be released, I'll take all the shows I can get. I don't expect to have my socks blown off each time but I appreciate it none the less. I get hyped for the whole process and I'm really looking forward to the new generation.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

More details on Crash was a nice surprise, other then that I didn't really care about anything.

So better than expected there was one thing I did care about.

yvanjean said:
0D0 said:

I guess we'll see the price and pre-order options by October. It can't be after that, the thing is coming out either November or December.

PS: Can anyone share when did PS4 price come out back then?

Microsoft announced the price of the Xbox one on June 10, 2013 and Sony announce their price the following day June 11, 2013 after removing camera and undercutting Microsoft by $100.

There a good reason both company aren't announcing price. Microsoft plan is to undercut Sony with both Xbox series X and Lockhart. Microsoft wants to match Sony's discless PS5 price. 

Thank you for sharing that.

They're now waiting for each other.

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

0D0 said:
yvanjean said:

Microsoft announced the price of the Xbox one on June 10, 2013 and Sony announce their price the following day June 11, 2013 after removing camera and undercutting Microsoft by $100.

There a good reason both company aren't announcing price. Microsoft plan is to undercut Sony with both Xbox series X and Lockhart. Microsoft wants to match Sony's discless PS5 price. 

Sony's sneaky move

Not only did Sony sacrifice an out of the box camera in favor of a lower PS4 launch price, it did so quietly, according to IGN.

The company discreetly informed retailers of the camera's removal and didn't even mention the lower PS4 price point, according to the site's multiple sources.

That way, Microsoft was none of the wiser about the significant price difference between PS4 and its Xbox One console.

Note: I'm pretty sure Phil Spencer still remembers what happened back in 2013 and he will be damn if Sony gets to do it again.

yvanjean said:
0D0 said:

Sony's sneaky move

Not only did Sony sacrifice an out of the box camera in favor of a lower PS4 launch price, it did so quietly, according to IGN.

The company discreetly informed retailers of the camera's removal and didn't even mention the lower PS4 price point, according to the site's multiple sources.

That way, Microsoft was none of the wiser about the significant price difference between PS4 and its Xbox One console.

Note: I'm pretty sure Phil Spencer still remembers what happened back in 2013 and he will be damn if Sony gets to do it again.

Very trustworthy sources for sure, must be the same ones that swear PS4 also had always online DRM and removed it after MS backlash.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."