By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - (CONFIRMED) Sony State of Play August 6th - No Big PS5 news

How do you grade SOP August 6th 2020?

Thank God they advised to... 9 24.32%

Lot`s of gameplay/10 3 8.11%

7+ (Very good) 5 13.51%

3 - (Very bad) 9 24.32%

4 to 6 (Lukewarm) 11 29.73%

Total:37

I mean after 2 showings we've only seen real gameplay of halo infinite and gran turismo and both games had pop in and looked like they were current gen games. Neither consoles seems to be worth 500 bucks at this point. If they don't start showing us real games im gonna stick with my ps4 pro and Xbox one x this is ridiculous

Around the Network
Bristow9091 said:
DonFerrari said:

Well if it is MMO then it isn`t really a clone.

I mean, it plays EXACTLY like a Pokémon game except there's tons of other people around you too lol... it's definitely something worth checking out though, if only out of curiosity :P 

Possibly a PS+ game for me to check.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Jannlee48504 said:
I mean after 2 showings we've only seen real gameplay of halo infinite and gran turismo and both games had pop in and looked like they were current gen games. Neither consoles seems to be worth 500 bucks at this point. If they don't start showing us real games im gonna stick with my ps4 pro and Xbox one x this is ridiculous

There was a lot of criticism in this thread, and you chose to ignore that and the fact that the show was said to present ps4 and psvr games. Also all games Hood had only gameplay on them.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

Jannlee48504 said:
As a person who owns all 3 consoles this was actually worthless and wasn't even worth showing any of this in my opinion.... Im just saying had microsoft showed this level of games they would get criticism and thats what Sony deserves now as of now neither company has shown anything that would make the purchase worth it at least we can agree on that right?

Its been pointed out already but I will continue the theme it wasn't a showcase for PS5 it was a continuation of their state of plays, that is why they made the disclaimer. The two xbox and one Sony shows were next gen showcases , and we have been told to expect more later, look I get it we are excited for news and gameplay for both new consoles but we were told to wait for later in the month and forewarned that this was a general state of play, they obviously felt that they had an obligation to the various stakeholders whose games appeared in the state of play to show off these games rather than bulldoze anything not PS5 related. 

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Jannlee48504 said:
As a person who owns all 3 consoles this was actually worthless and wasn't even worth showing any of this in my opinion.... Im just saying had microsoft showed this level of games they would get criticism and thats what Sony deserves now as of now neither company has shown anything that would make the purchase worth it at least we can agree on that right?

What does owning all 3 consoles have to do with this? This actually sold me on Crash Bandicoot which I was unsure about.  Gave me another 2 games to keep my eyes on: Genshin Impact & The Pathless. Allowed me to get a better look to Godfall which is not as bad as I originally thought and could be an interesting launch title to test drive. If Sony didn't state out the back that this would just be a regular State of Play, no big news, no PS5 showcase I would understand where you're coming from but the they clearly set expectations very low lol 

Last edited by Otter - on 07 August 2020

Around the Network

Although I agree this wasn't really needed

DonFerrari said:
Bristow9091 said:

I mean, it plays EXACTLY like a Pokémon game except there's tons of other people around you too lol... it's definitely something worth checking out though, if only out of curiosity :P 

Possibly a PS+ game for me to check.

Same,good pokemonlike games are very rare so i really like to support these indiedevs with their succesfull kickstarter project.

And yeah i'm satisfied with this state of play, i got what Sony told me to expect and more.

Jannlee48504 said:
Cmon are we really giving sony a pass for this i remember microsoft got criticism for their 3rd party showing on their first xbox series x game showing. We seriously can't be bias now

There's no bias. Sony said it would be PS4 focused, not heavy on PS5 news, and it actually showed gameplay! It was exactly what it promised and needed to be, even if none of the announcements got me super excited. I'd personally rate it a 5 or 6 outta 10, but I'll defend it regardless. 

Why does everything have to be us vs them with some people? Believe it or not, MOST people don't actually give a shit about the console wars. MOST people don't go into something like this with a "it's not MY brand so I'mma hate it" or "I'm going to immediately compare it favourably to that other shitty presentation" mentality. Instead of this bias-based conspiracy theory, why can't it just be that...this presentation was objectively better and more in line with what it promised than an Xbox Series X showcase that did nothing to showcase gameplay on the Xbox Series X like it promised? 

Alara317 said:
Jannlee48504 said:
Cmon are we really giving sony a pass for this i remember microsoft got criticism for their 3rd party showing on their first xbox series x game showing. We seriously can't be bias now

There's no bias. Sony said it would be PS4 focused, not heavy on PS5 news, and it actually showed gameplay! It was exactly what it promised and needed to be, even if none of the announcements got me super excited. I'd personally rate it a 5 or 6 outta 10, but I'll defend it regardless. 

Why does everything have to be us vs them with some people? Believe it or not, MOST people don't actually give a shit about the console wars. MOST people don't go into something like this with a "it's not MY brand so I'mma hate it" or "I'm going to immediately compare it favourably to that other shitty presentation" mentality. Instead of this bias-based conspiracy theory, why can't it just be that...this presentation was objectively better and more in line with what it promised than an Xbox Series X showcase that did nothing to showcase gameplay on the Xbox Series X like it promised? 

I'm very much a fan of Playstation, and was fully aware of the show promises and didn't had expectations about it. Still I gave it a 4 and just as you would still defend it from criticism that is wrong.