By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - (CONFIRMED) Sony State of Play August 6th - No Big PS5 news

How do you grade SOP August 6th 2020?

Thank God they advised to... 9 24.32%

Lot`s of gameplay/10 3 8.11%

7+ (Very good) 5 13.51%

3 - (Very bad) 9 24.32%

4 to 6 (Lukewarm) 11 29.73%

Total:37
BraLoD said:
DonFerrari said:

Poor man`s God of War.

Just like Lords of the Fallen was poor man's Dark Souls.

Maybe its still worth a shot being a launch title were you have few options, but yeah, nothing to write home about.

Sony should really make sure GT7 can release at launch day, or we might have a very tame launch.

Horizon 2 would be the ideal scenario, but we know it won't come this year.

After the gameplay I got interested in playing it if I can buy for cheap.

GT7 for launch would be great.

hinch said:

Also no one spotted Alan Wake in Control DLC? That's huge.

Give me AW2, now.

That is true, I guess I saw but didn`t pay attention.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

Meh, Crash Bandicoot 4 and Hood and nothing more

Y'all know that there's gonna be another show to focus on PS5, right? Like, they said outright this was not about PS5, so why are some people still acting like this somehow offended them.

It was a better show than the Xbox Series X show because it actually had a LOT of gameplay. Stuff like The Pathless I likely would have ignored had we not seen so much gameplay of it. Godfall looks gorgeous but kinda dull (But likely a good co-op game, so I might pick it up anyway).

I'm glad Sony tempered expectations lol. I'd rate it 4/5 out of 10 with that taken into consideration.

I felt like this event could have been shorter especially with the lack of bigger third parties. I was hoping to see an update on RE8, Deathloop & Returnal. Not too many games appealed to me outside of Crash 4. Surprisingly, Bugsnax looks a lot darker in tone, and looks to be pretty creative gameplay wise. Hood: Outlaw and Legends looks promising as well.

loy310 said:
It was ok, poor taste lowering the hype bar before fully revealing the PS5, then switching focus to PS4. I get you got over 100 million PS4s out there but this was a poorly timed SoP.

I guess Ghost of Tsushima was poorly timed as well then.

Around the Network

They should have just showed hitman 3 vr and skipped the rest. Especially Godfall, that game cramps the ps5 style.

Cmon are we really giving sony a pass for this i remember microsoft got criticism for their 3rd party showing on their first xbox series x game showing. We seriously can't be bias now

Neither did Microsoft with their first showing which was obviously all 3rd party games im just saying be fair all the way around instead of the biased comments for sony

Jannlee48504 said:
Cmon are we really giving sony a pass for this i remember microsoft got criticism for their 3rd party showing on their first xbox series x game showing. We seriously can't be bias now

State of Play is a small showing for smaller games and DLC, with no big announcements for next gen and was advertised as such. Its like a mini Direct from Nintendo.

MS conference was a first look into their next generation of consoles with big names with big reveals Assassin's Creed Valhalla, Medium, Scorn, Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 etc - with a lot of teaser/in-engine trailers and some gameplay.

This was a show mainly for indies PS4/PS5, and smaller announcements. With a sprinkle of AA game on PS5 gameplay (Godfall). Not in the same ballpark and they tweeted a few times saying it wasn't a big showcase.

As a person who owns all 3 consoles this was actually worthless and wasn't even worth showing any of this in my opinion.... Im just saying had microsoft showed this level of games they would get criticism and thats what Sony deserves now as of now neither company has shown anything that would make the purchase worth it at least we can agree on that right?