By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Cuphead coming to PS4 (Launch Trailer is live)

Remember back in 2019, end of august? (~11 months ago)

"Microsoft Has No Further Plans To Bring First-Party Games to Other Platforms"

"Microsoft has brought a number of their first party offerings to the Switch, with Ori and the Blind Forest just confirmed yesterday. What else can we expect Microsoft to bring over? According to a statement from Microsoft that was obtained by GamesIndustry.biz, there are no plans for more titles as of right now." -gonintendo.com

"The past year has been an exciting time for us as we have more than doubled the internal creative teams making up Xbox Game Studios. As these new studios transitioned in, we were aware of some existing commitments to other platforms and will honor them. However, going forward these new studios will focus on making games for our platforms. We have no plans to further expand our exclusive first party games to other consoles. We continue to believe deeply in cross play and progression of games with the right flexibility for developers to insure a fair and fun experience." - Xbox.

Theres also Wasteland 3 & psychonauts 2.

Last edited by JRPGfan - on 28 July 2020

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:

Remember back in 2019, end of august? (~11 months ago)

"Microsoft Has No Further Plans To Bring First-Party Games to Other Platforms"

"Microsoft has brought a number of their first party offerings to the Switch, with Ori and the Blind Forest just confirmed yesterday. What else can we expect Microsoft to bring over? According to a statement from Microsoft that was obtained by GamesIndustry.biz, there are no plans for more titles as of right now." -gonintendo.com

"The past year has been an exciting time for us as we have more than doubled the internal creative teams making up Xbox Game Studios. As these new studios transitioned in, we were aware of some existing commitments to other platforms and will honor them. However, going forward these new studios will focus on making games for our platforms. We have no plans to further expand our exclusive first party games to other consoles. We continue to believe deeply in cross play and progression of games with the right flexibility for developers to insure a fair and fun experience." - Xbox.

Theres also Wasteland 3 & psychonauts 2.

No clue what deal MS has for Cuphead or why it releases on PS but Wasteland and Psychonauts simply happen because MS bought them after the games had been in development already and then MS doesn't take it away from other platforms.

Doubt it. But why not bring it to PS5 on launch date?

This game is basically in every platform (even Tesla cars Lol) but not PS4.

Very interesting, this would mark the first time Microsoft bring one of their games to a PlayStation System that wasn't announced before they bought the respective studio.

Well unless you count Minecraft Dungeons, but I view the Minecraft IP a bit differently.

Wonder what else could be in the pipeline to make the jump to PlayStation. Ori?

The Switch port of Cuphead was actually spearheaded by Microsoft, not the Cuphead developers, so will be interesting to see if Microsoft approached them again asking if they wanted to make a PlayStation port.

Cuphead may be a good fit with PS players, actually... 🤔
I can see this happening.

Around the Network

I haven't bought Cuphead yet. I could get it on Windows or Switch. But if it comes to PS4, that would be my preferred choice.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Nice. The more people who get to play this game the better.

Is this harder or easier than Celeste? I can't get far in that game, the mental gymnastics required to use Z,X and C on the keyboard are doing my head in.

SvennoJ said:
Is this harder or easier than Celeste? I can't get far in that game, the mental gymnastics required to use Z,X and C on the keyboard are doing my head in.

Haven't played Celeste but cuphead is basically "don't get hit" while sometimes navigating a stage or a multi-level boss fight. And it's hard as fuck.

Would be a great move. The hand drawn art style of those old time cartoons is wonderful. I'm sure it will sell really well on PlayStation. Thankfully the people that made the game have matured enough to know that their creation is better for being enjoyed by more people. such a small team that made this, I'm sure it took a lot of work to make. The game released 3 years ago so maybe the game isn't raking in as much money anymore, plan on paying for another development Title and growing their development team , just want to make this game available to all platforms, or any other combination of reasons. Who knows I'm just glad it's being released. To celebrate, even though I generally don't care to listen to rap music, thought this one was good custom take of the game.