By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Shin Megami Tensei V will have a simultaneous global launch on Switch in 2021.

John2290 said:
Leynos said:

It's anime. Why would they do people who are old and almost dead? C'mon man. 24 is like 75 in anime.

Which is it it's majour draw back, the story telling needs to mature and not just in the way that something like Devil man cry baby matured. It needs to be aged up, if even it was to the university level it'd allow for much broader character story arcs and dialouge but nothing else has to change in the style of the game. Why does it always have to be teenagers, look at steins gate, they managed to make the perfect anime with adults. 

Um... You realise Okabe and Makise Kurise are both 18, while Mayuri is still in high-school, right?

Around the Network
Snesboy said:
Where's Persona?

I'd really love Persona 4 Golden and Persona 4 Arena to make their way soon. And Persona 5 should be innevitable.

Outside of Japan, the closest thing to Persona on Switch right now is Tokyo Mirage Sessions. What I'd really love is for them to do another Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem, but actually deliver what was shown originally.

I look forward to playing this.

I am a Nintendo fanatic.

Dulfite said:
What games are these like? Never played them and trying to o determine if I'd like them.

Do you know Persona? Both are turn based rpgs.

Persona: Save the world by friendship power.

Shin Megami Tensei: kill all our friends and rule the world.

Around the Network
Dulfite said:
What games are these like? Never played them and trying to o determine if I'd like them.

They're JRPGs set in post apocalyptic worlds haven't played through SMTIV and Apocalypse but in Nocturne the concept is rather than have a set party who join you on your journey you instead recruit the same demons you fight whether in battle or through other means like fusions and such. The post apocalyptic world is a unique setting as rather than the usual story types here it's a case of the world being remade or in the case of some of the other games what direction the world goes in so as a result every character you see is part of an ideal for which your choices with them determines your chosen ideal is in the end game, your choices and ideals also determines what bosses and such you fight.

Outside of the main story as you progress through the game you get the usual new side quests and such but certain things change for example you can return to an area and find an powerful optional boss is there, all in all it's a very deep JRPG.

Shaunodon said:
Snesboy said:
Where's Persona?

I'd really love Persona 4 Golden and Persona 4 Arena to make their way soon. And Persona 5 should be innevitable.

Outside of Japan, the closest thing to Persona on Switch right now is Tokyo Mirage Sessions. What I'd really love is for them to do another Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem, but actually deliver what was shown originally.

Gosh that trailer looks way better than what we got QQ