By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase announced for the 20th

lol yeah, I have to admit that was bad.

Around the Network

JP direct was better than western

Even with greatly lowered expectations, that disappointed.

Told ya Mini directs are shit. What a bunch of shit. Aside from SMT there was nothing.

Last edited by Leynos - on 20 July 2020

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

SMTV was among the first games announced for Switch, better late than never but damn are you late!

Around the Network

With this direct-mini, it's clear that no real direct will come for at least couple weeks. So a direct at the start of september seems to be in order .

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Shaunodon said:

Well, only 8mins. Bad start, but can only go up from here.

Edit: I was wrong.

Super wrong!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Sounds like this is going to become something that's gonna be shown more often, going by the closing comment:

"Please look forward to more partner showcase presentations coming this year"

Seems that now that third party publishers finally jumped upon the Switch hype train, Nintendo is going to give them more showtime in return. Could be a very good way to dispel the notion that third party don't sell on Nintendo platforms - and bring in some new crowds while they're at it.

On topic of this direct, I like the SMT stuff and I'm sure the Rogue Company might also get interesting for some with it's cross-play and gyro-aiming. The new DLC for Cadence of Hyrule is very meh, but I like that they're gonna bring a physical version with all DLC included later this year. And 2K's WWE stuff can forever burn in hell, and I'm being lenient here.

Last edited by Bofferbrauer2 - on 20 July 2020

mZuzek said:
Stefan.De.Machtige said:

With this direct-mini, it's clear that no real direct will come for at least couple weeks. So a direct at the start of september seems to be in order .

Is it?

It's happened before that a "real" Direct happens shortly after a Direct Mini, within 10 days or so. I feel like it's happened twice, actually, but I may be wrong on that. Hoping it'll be the case now.

I personally have the feeling we’ll have a 1st party Direct sooner than later and more frequent small 3rd party sooner.

I was skeptical about a direct immediately after the Paper Mario launch. Wouldn't the marketing department want to spread the Mario announcements out a bit more. Maybe we'll see something in a month. Give Paper Mario some time to shine.