By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which Ubisoft series should come back?

Which Ubisoft series should come back?

Prince of Persia 11 31.43%

Splinter Cell 4 11.43%

Rayman 16 45.71%

more Assassin's Creed 0 0%

more Far Cry 1 2.86%

more Rainbow Six 0 0%

more Just Dance 1 2.86%

more Rabbids 2 5.71%

Total:35

My favorite would be a new "Prince of Persia" game (series 1989 - 2010)... we had the last proper one a decade ago!

Assassin's Creed has some similarities and the first AC was planned as a PoP game (Price of Persia: Assassins), but that ain't the same.

Of course Assassin's Creed is a much stronger brand today... so a way to bring PoP back could be an "Assassin's Creed: Persia" next year. It would be the same time period as Valhalla (both 9th century), which would allow some story connections. The location could be Baghdad, the world's largest city in 900 AD. Many side quests could be bases on 1001 nights stories, f. e. a thief called Aladin as mission character.

The Prince of Persia content would be in the big season pass DLC (which doesn\\\'t has to be AC canon) with game mechanics much closer to a PoP game. And if that gets popular to the younger AC audience, a full-fledged PoP game could be next.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

My second favorite would be a new "Splinter Cell" game (series 2002 - 2013). With raytracing-consoles and raytracing-PCs, hiding in the dark could be awesome again.

On third place would be a new "Rayman" game (series 1995 - 2013). Maybe in 3D again, similar to the Crash Bandicoot games (so a narrow path, no open world).

So which would be your Ubisoft favorites?

Around the Network

beyond good and evil gehehehe

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:
beyond good and evil gehehehe

That's no series yet.

Conina said:

Assassin's Creed has some similarities and the first AC was planned as a PoP game (Prince of Persia: Assassins), but that ain't the same.

For old-school wargamers:

Battle Isle
Warlords
Silent Hunter

And bring back the original Might & Magic universe ffs!

Around the Network
Bofferbrauer2 said:
For old-school wargamers:

Battle Isle
Warlords
Silent Hunter

And bring back the original Might & Magic universe ffs!

heroes 8 damn yes

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

I would say Prince of Persia, but I'm afraid they would just turn it into an Assassin's Creed-light instead.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Buck Bumble deserves a sequel, with another killer title track.

I would definitely like for both PoP, and Splinter Cell to make a come back. For whatever similarities AC and PoP may have had at one point, AC has very much steered in a different direction at this point, all but abandoning it's focus on parkour and the like. Also, both PoP and Splinter Cell could actually fill a hole in Ubisoft's current portfolio. They got open world games with RPG mechanics for days, we all know this, but they could really do with some tighter, more focused experiences. A solid 15-20 hour action/adventure PoP, with a healthy amount of puzzles thrown in, and a well structured stealth game that brings back the beloved Sam Fisher, as well as Spies vs Mercs, would do wonders for the Ubisoft image as being just that studio that makes the same giant, formulaic game over and over again, just with a few different names on each.

Been wanting a new Rayman game for a while now.