By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which Ubisoft series should come back?

Which Ubisoft series should come back?

Prince of Persia 11 31.43%

Splinter Cell 4 11.43%

Rayman 16 45.71%

more Assassin's Creed 0 0%

more Far Cry 1 2.86%

more Rainbow Six 0 0%

more Just Dance 1 2.86%

more Rabbids 2 5.71%

Total:35

They should go back to publishing JRPGs and Armored Core games like they did in the 6th and 7th gen.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network
Leynos said:

They should go back to publishing JRPGs and Armored Core games like they did in the 6th and 7th gen.

I think Fromsoftware owns the ip for Armored Core and a bunch of the team behind the games left the studio.

So small chance but would like it,played the ps1 and ps2 games back in the days.

I miss when their Prince of Persia was good on gen 6.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Immersiveunreality said:
Leynos said:

I think Fromsoftware owns the ip for Armored Core and a bunch of the team behind the games left the studio.

So small chance but would like it,played the ps1 and ps2 games back in the days.

Notice I said published. I know who owns Armored Core. Yeah, some of that staff made Left Alive and Daemon X Machina. IMO best game in the series is For Answer. DXM is closer to FA. However, they have promised ACVI for a while now.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

I just need my AC and my Far Cry and I'm more than satisfied.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
Leynos said:
Immersiveunreality said:

Notice I said published. I know who owns Armored Core. Yeah, some of that staff made Left Alive and Daemon X Machina. IMO best game in the series is For Answer. DXM is closer to FA. However, they have promised ACVI for a while now.

I know but i was just kinda pointing out that this situation makes it more difficult for the game to be published by Ubisoft,and i do hope we do get another good mech game but i'm oblivious on the size of the market that wants it. Was that promise about ACVI and not about the metal wolf one?(i thought they just said ''mech game'' but i might have missed something)

Conina said:

My favorite would be a new "Prince of Persia" game (series 1989 - 2010)... we had the last proper one a decade ago!

Assassin's Creed has some similarities and the first AC was planned as a PoP game (Price of Persia: Assassins), but that ain't the same.

Of course Assassin's Creed is a much stronger brand today... so a way to bring PoP back could be an "Assassin's Creed: Persia" next year. It would be the same time period as Valhalla (both 9th century), which would allow some story connections. The location could be Baghdad, the world's largest city in 900 AD. Many side quests could be bases on 1001 nights stories, f. e. a thief called Aladin as mission character.

The Prince of Persia content would be in the big season pass DLC (which doesn't has to be AC canon) with game mechanics much closer to a PoP game. And if that gets popular to the younger AC audience, a full-fledged PoP game could be next.

Soooo... two years ago I wrote that I want an Assassin's Creed game with Persia/Baghdad scenario in the 9th century. With an agile street thief as playable character.

And now an Assassin's Creed game with Persia/Baghdad scenario in the 9th century is announced. With an agile street thief as playable character.:

https://www.vgchartz.com/article/454823/assassins-creed-mirage-arrives-in-2023-for-ps5-xbox-series-xs-ps4-xbox-one-and-pc/

From 0:20 to 1:10 in the trailer I also got a strong Prince-of-Persia vibe, especially the jump of the street thief at 1:08

Also the fight at 2:55:

So please don't stop there, Ubisoft. Please let also the second part of my vision happen: include some Prince-of-Persia mechanics for that street thief and make a PoP-focused DLC (with PoP mechanics like wall runs, better jump controls, turning back time) leading to a comeback of the Prince-of-Persia series in a following game!

Last edited by Conina - on 10 September 2022

I mean, in a way, Assassin's Creed is coming back. No more a Witcher RPG and back to its roots with Mirage.

Splinter cell reboot. And a game that takes stealth to new levels