By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Is this okay to be muslim in USA ?

You can come in look and super traditional Muslim, and nobody cares. Many thousands do that everyday. The fact that people think otherwise really leads me to believe then you all need to get some exposure to the US outside of sensationalist news headlines. People seem to believe a lot of totally ridiculous shit.

Around the Network

I am not American, however Muslims should be allowed to be what they want to be in America imo. However there is a caveat, in the UK, where I'm from Muslims 6% of the population and where I live they are 40%. When muslims hit a hit a certain point they tend to take over and you hear the call to prayer in certain areas of the city I live in, on loudspeaker, basically at that point Muslims tend to be overly assertive and take over.

On top of that I have a younger relative who has been.... well let's just say abused several times by muslims, sometimes solo, sometimes as a group, this went on on from the ages 11-14. So yeah Muslims should be free to be muslim, but they shouldn't via the their beliefs aka (the Quran and various Hadiths) be allowed to abuse children or impose Sharia (which is semi legal in parts of the city I live in).

Be a muslim, be American, be British, English, Scottish, Irish, whatever, just don't be insidious and more important than anything, leave kids alone.

Tell that to my niece, and I tell you, you won't live for long.

Be secular in an airport, for VERY obvious reasons, it's not 650 anymore. If you go through the airport trying to attract attention you will get it. 

Exactly, I'm gay. I am forbidden in the vast majority of the Muslim world, I can't be expressive in the slightest. I can even be stoned to death in a plurality of Muslim nations. No where in the west are muslims stoned, even in the few christian conservative nations like Poland, Serbia and Russia. You need to stop being a victim, you don't know what it is like to be a minority that has to look over their shoulder, and even in the States you won't have to worry for the above reasons.

Around the Network
JJMA said:

Exactly, I'm gay. I am forbidden in the vast majority of the Muslim world, I can't be expressive in the slightest. I can even be stoned to death in a plurality of Muslim nations. No where in the west are muslims stoned, even in the few christian conservative nations like Poland, Serbia and Russia. You need to stop being a victim, you don't know what it is like to be a minority that has to look over their shoulder, and even in the States you won't have to worry for the above reasons.

You deserve more than what you get,islam needs to modernize like christianity did a long time ago.

I am gay and muslim

JJMA said:

I am not American, however Muslims should be allowed to be what they want to be in America imo. However there is a caveat, in the UK, where I'm from Muslims 6% of the population and where I live they are 40%. When muslims hit a hit a certain point they tend to take over and you hear the call to prayer in certain areas of the city I live in, on loudspeaker, basically at that point Muslims tend to be overly assertive and take over.

On top of that I have a younger relative who has been.... well let's just say abused several times by muslims, sometimes solo, sometimes as a group, this went on on from the ages 11-14. So yeah Muslims should be free to be muslim, but they shouldn't via the their beliefs aka (the Quran and various Hadiths) be allowed to abuse children or impose Sharia (which is semi legal in parts of the city I live in).

Be a muslim, be American, be British, English, Scottish, Irish, whatever, just don't be insidious and more important than anything, leave kids alone.

Yeah,4 girls i knew got molested for just being western girls and not dressing like muslim girls so they were being seen as whores by the still youthfull perpetrators.

The cultural divide is doing a lot of damage.

Going to put in a general thread warning here...

This has drifted way off topic. I don't think there's anything wrong with critiquing the actions of certain Muslims, or of Islam itself. That being said, there is a place for that, and considering the opening of this thread, this is not that place.

YanisFromFrance said:
I am gay and muslim

That would be big problem in a lot of muslim countries.  But as a whole its a lot easier being a muslim in a non muslim country them being a non muslim in a muslim country.