By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Fans of brands (Nintendo, Microsoft, Sony), what are your top 3 genres in games?

Nintendo fan.

I like the action genre a lot (fighting, not shooting) and games with good worldbuilding and a good story, so if these 3 come together in one game, I'm probably going to like it. I could sum most games up as action adventure :P

- Action based games 2d and 3d with or without exploration , Dark Souls, Ninja Gaiden, Bayonetta, Batman Arkam games and Hollow Knight,

Story driven RPG's like The Witcher 3 and Kotor. Probably going to like Xenoblade 1 as well.

Turn Based games like Mario & Rabbits, Child of Light, Octopath Travels, advance wars,

I'm not too much into sandboxgames, stealth, fighters and the big mass shooters (I did like Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Duke Nukem 3d,  Halo 1 and Resident Evil 4).

Around the Network

Action/adventure, jrpg, metroidvania/plataformers
I think I play more indie games than other.
But more nintendo than PS and xbox games.

Not really a fan of brands per se, I focus on the games I like first and foremost, and the console that I gravitate towards, ends up being subordinate to that decision, rather than other way around.
That aside, I pick up weeb games, JRPGs, action adventure games and occasionally fighting games. I've historically gravitated more towards Playstation, though I've picked up Nintendo and Sega systems now and then, while I almost exclusively use PC nowadays. As for Xbox, my perception is that the Xbox is the home of FPS games, whether that's true or not, I don't know, I know Xbox has a lot more to offer than just shooters, but thinking about it now, there's probably a link between me having that perception and me never having purchased any kind of Xbox, given that I don't like FPS games.

Xbox Fan - Nintendo fan
1- Metroidvanias ( Xbox has now more metroidvanias that Nintendo)
2- Rpgs (i was a fan de jrpgs, but with so many anime clichés, i become a wrpg player)
3- Shooters (Halo,Gears,Doom)

I had a ps1 and ps2, But Lost Oddyssey and Alan Wake make me buy a Xbox 360.