Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware June 21 to 27 - Switch, PS4 and Xbox One Up Year-Over-Year

10.3 million for the year so far for Switch. IF the holidays have the right games, this year will end on a big note. Also, covid really is making the ps4 and xbox one go out on a good note.

Around the Network
MasonADC said:
10.3 million for the year so far for Switch. IF the holidays have the right games, this year will end on a big note. Also, covid really is making the ps4 and xbox one go out on a good note.

Without the bump in gaming caused by COVID-19, the PS4 and Xbox One would likely be down 40% or more year-over-year. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Switch is the beast from the east (or the best from the west if you are Murican).

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

trunkswd said:
MasonADC said:

Without the bump in gaming caused by COVID-19, the PS4 and Xbox One would likely be down 40% or more year-over-year. 

Very true and without the Covid-19 bump the Switch yearly numbers would be drastically different to, considering the first 2 months this year it was down YoY and then went to record breaking months. 

3m from passing the NES for the Switch.

Around the Network
Blood_Tears said:
trunkswd said:

Very true and without the Covid-19 bump the Switch yearly numbers would be drastically different to, considering the first 2 months this year it was down YoY and then went to record breaking months. 

By the 11th week of the year, the Switch was already up 400k, so it wasn't down yoy. 

Considering PS4 is having serious stock issues worldwide for both models, those numbers are quite impressive.

Is tracking ahead above 2 million units compared to 2013’s PS3 and having a higher price point.

MasonADC said:
Blood_Tears said:

By the 11th week of the year, the Switch was already up 400k, so it wasn't down yoy. 

Yes, looking at weekly numbers here WW but I was referring to NPD numbers which was down for the first 2 months YoY. (January and February) No Need to split hairs. 

Blood_Tears said:
MasonADC said:

Yes, looking at weekly numbers here WW but I was referring to NPD numbers which was down for the first 2 months YoY. (January and February) No Need to split hairs. 

You should probably mention NPD then lol otherwise your point is really misleading. Also Im not sure what splitting hairs means tbh

MasonADC said:
Blood_Tears said:

You should probably mention NPD then lol otherwise your point is really misleading. Also Im not sure what splitting hairs means tbh

It means he was blatantly incorrect yet somehow wants to blame your for it. What's scary is at least one person agrees with that. Guess truth and facts aren't a priority for everyone here.