By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware June 21 to 27 - Switch, PS4 and Xbox One Up Year-Over-Year

UK: 2019 Vs. 2020 Switch More than Double; PS4 +50%; XBO +25%

This would be UK 2020 YTD through end of June.  Is this in line with what you have on the back-end, since we do not see UK/FR/Germany anymore?  Or is calc only done at full Europe top-level?

---

1 More week and the NPD comparison waiting game begins.  You have US June at 455K for 4 weeks, so 5 week using average would come out to just under 570K.  But US has been adjusted up after Mar/Apr/May NPD results so perhaps we'll see the same this month.  Depends on the stock availability I suppose.

If that goes up and we get Nintendo's Q1 numbers on August 7th, there's a chance NSW global crossed 60M to close out June.  I expect this quarter's shipments to be ~5.5M.

Around the Network
mk7sx said:

If that goes up and we get Nintendo's Q1 numbers on August 7th, there's a chance NSW global crossed 60M to close out June.  I expect this quarter's shipments to be ~5.5M.

As of march 31 Nintendo shipped 55.77M NSWs.  If it is 5.5M for the quarter  that would put the switch at 61.27M. That is less than a million from the NES 61.91

Pretty impressive all around, poor 3DS tho

Just a month or more and it will reach the 60 million milestone, thereby close to smashing past NES.

Really impressive for the Switch with no new releases and no communication. PS4 only 2% up with a big release last week, i think the covid effect as died down a lot at this point.

Around the Network

10.3 million for the year so far for Switch. IF the holidays have the right games, this year will end on a big note. Also, covid really is making the ps4 and xbox one go out on a good note.

Switch is the beast from the east (or the best from the west if you are Murican).

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

trunkswd said:
MasonADC said:
10.3 million for the year so far for Switch. IF the holidays have the right games, this year will end on a big note. Also, covid really is making the ps4 and xbox one go out on a good note.

Without the bump in gaming caused by COVID-19, the PS4 and Xbox One would likely be down 40% or more year-over-year. 

Very true and without the Covid-19 bump the Switch yearly numbers would be drastically different to, considering the first 2 months this year it was down YoY and then went to record breaking months. 

3m from passing the NES for the Switch.

Blood_Tears said:
trunkswd said:

Without the bump in gaming caused by COVID-19, the PS4 and Xbox One would likely be down 40% or more year-over-year. 

Very true and without the Covid-19 bump the Switch yearly numbers would be drastically different to, considering the first 2 months this year it was down YoY and then went to record breaking months. 

By the 11th week of the year, the Switch was already up 400k, so it wasn't down yoy.