By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware June 21 to 27 - Switch, PS4 and Xbox One Up Year-Over-Year

Shaunodon said:
Blood_Tears said:

I wasn't incorrect at all though. Switch was down for the first 2 months YoY according to NPD. I was factually correct and others have agreed with that statement, so take your defensiveness elsewhere.

Is this the NPD thread? Simple question. Even you, theoretically, shouldn't be able to get this wrong.

Last response and then I am done with you as my initial comment was to Trunks and Mason replied which resolved itself.

This is a sales thread for WW numbers and “regional” breakdowns.  Which Trunks specifically broke down into regions such as Americas, Europe, and Asia etc. If I want to comment on any of those “regions” or how those numbers compare to earlier NPD’s and Covid-19 I am allowed to do so.

Trunks made an observation, I commented on it and the issue was resolved. If this site’s very own writer can comment on theoretical numbers on how Covid-19 affects the industry, I am permitted to respond. You do not dictate on what I am allowed to comment on so “even you, theoretically” should understand that without being so defensive.  Regardless, it’s done.

Around the Network

There are people pretending that switch wouldn't be up without corona virus and ignoring animal Crossing. Switch would still be up by a fair lot, just not this much. Hell even now any stick they have sells out. It;s just a matter of how many they can produce.

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Blood_Tears said:
Shaunodon said:

Is this the NPD thread? Simple question. Even you, theoretically, shouldn't be able to get this wrong.

Last response and then I am done with you as my initial comment was to Trunks and Mason replied which resolved itself.

My first response wasn't to you either and it had already said all that was necessary, yet you in fact chose to quote me. So since you're starting yet another post on a false premise, I can feel free to just ignore the rest. It's just more baloney anyway.

Blood_Tears said:
trunkswd said:

Without the bump in gaming caused by COVID-19, the PS4 and Xbox One would likely be down 40% or more year-over-year. 

Very true and without the Covid-19 bump the Switch yearly numbers would be drastically different to, considering the first 2 months this year it was down YoY and then went to record breaking months. 

Pretty sure the major factor for the switch's boost was ACNH since when it released, the switch started selling at +100k-200k YoY. Question is how long will that effect last.

Switch is close to passing the NES, which is a nice milestone.
PS4 selling over 200k so far in its lifetime its impressive.

These sales are actually quite decent considering all thats been happening in the world this past 4-5 months.

Around the Network

Looking at the current momentum if that was to remain consistent NS could actually catch the 3DS by the end of the FY which would be an incredible feat as even just coming near it in under 4 years considering 3DS has had a 9 year lifespan and so far no price cuts for the NS either.

Switch is loved in all regions. Cant beat that.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Blood_Tears said:
trunkswd said:

Without the bump in gaming caused by COVID-19, the PS4 and Xbox One would likely be down 40% or more year-over-year. 

Very true and without the Covid-19 bump the Switch yearly numbers would be drastically different to, considering the first 2 months this year it was down YoY and then went to record breaking months. 

I wouldn't say drastically different because there is a game called Animal Crossing that did went Viral. I hear many people buying a Switch because of Animal Crossing. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Well PS4 dropped after the short effect of TLOU2, but still health above 200k.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Switch is up 75.5% YoY so far. That is pretty incredible. Just imagine how much they'd sell if supplies weren't constrained.