By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Original Xbox or Xbox 360?

I think the best is...

Xbox 11 26.83%

Xbox 360 30 73.17%

Total:41

[see above]

there's your winning post!! ;)

I salute you.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
nugget said:

I definitely think the original xbox has better games than the Xbox one.

Definitely agree, as an original Xbox owner, the Xbone never managed to entice me enough to buy one.

That might make a good sequel thread. The poll results might be a little tighter, too.

nugget said:

Yeah that is not even close to being true the original Xbox had zero JRPG's plus it was lacking in variety in several genres.  Plus it only got a fraction of all the third party titles that showed up on other platforms.  The X1 has decent lineup of JRPG's a pretty good variety in all genres and it has almost all the third party games that showed up on other platforms.

The original Xbox always had the best versions of multiplats. It also had better exclusives, some great Sega titles and perhaps the 2 best Halo games.

To be frank, the 360 has significantly more notable games and a more diverse library. Its not really a debate.

OG Xbox did have great content, but I think its obvious which people prefer.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
Chris Hu said:
nugget said:

Yeah that is not even close to being true the original Xbox had zero JRPG's plus it was lacking in variety in several genres.  Plus it only got a fraction of all the third party titles that showed up on other platforms.  The X1 has decent lineup of JRPG's a pretty good variety in all genres and it has almost all the third party games that showed up on other platforms.

Builder/Simulator: Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis.
Open world RPG: The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind.
First Person Shooter: Halo, Doom, Half Life.
Hack and Slash: Baldurs Gate, Ninja Gaiden, Gauntlet.
RPG: Fable, Knights of the Old Republic.
Racing Simulator: Forza, Project Gotham Racing, Need for Speed.
Platformers: Blinx, Spyro.

Shenmue, Phantom Dust, Panzer Dragoon, Otogi, Gunvalkyrie are all solid titles.

Original Xbox wins by default for me though, Gamecube, Dreamcast and Playstation 2 were incapable of running The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

XBox 360, one of the best Console I have ever owned, really a GREAT CONSOLE. PS ; Gears of War 1 and 2, Soulcalibur, Bioshock was a WOW WOW WOW.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

I voted original XB, because Halo.

Library wise I ended up with about a dozen games on the original Xbox versus around forty games for my 360, so just by quantity of quality games alone I have to give the latter the win, even if I don't think I spent as many hours on any single 360 game as I did on Star Wars Battlefront on the original Xbox.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 29 June 2020

Pemalite said:
Chris Hu said:

Builder/Simulator: Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis.
Open world RPG: The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind.
First Person Shooter: Halo, Doom, Half Life.
Hack and Slash: Baldurs Gate, Ninja Gaiden, Gauntlet.
RPG: Fable, Knights of the Old Republic.
Racing Simulator: Forza, Project Gotham Racing, Need for Speed.
Platformers: Blinx, Spyro.

Shenmue, Phantom Dust, Panzer Dragoon, Otogi, Gunvalkyrie are all solid titles.

Original Xbox wins by default for me though, Gamecube, Dreamcast and Playstation 2 were incapable of running The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind.

Yeah some of the best games of each genre or series released on the Xbox. Going with OG Xbox.

Also classic games like Jet Set Radio Future, Chronicles of Riddick, Prey and Dead or Alive 3.