By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Original Xbox or Xbox 360?

I think the best is...

Xbox 11 26.83%

Xbox 360 30 73.17%

Total:41

Going by pure logic the Xbox only lasted 4 years and 360 lasted 8 before the next gen was dropped. The 360 has far more games both exclusive and multiplat that the og Xbox can never match.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network

Never played the original Xbox (aside from a little Halo 1 back in 2001). Can't say much about it. However, I thought the Xbox 360 was the best system ever when I got it.

I may still feel that way. I don't know.

For me at least the original Xbox was a damn fine system; I must've spent hundreds of hours on Star Wars Battlefront with mates, Halo 1 & 2 are all time classics, and others like Panzer Dragoon Orta and Burnout 3/Revenge are top notch as well. It's also by far the more reliable hardware; my old one my parents bought for my brother and I when we were teenagers still works just fine today after extensive use.

Like most here however, I gotta go with 360, mostly for having more great games and a more comfortable controller. It's still my #3 top gaming system of all time.

Original Xbox. - It was the console that brought PC exclusives to console... Games like Morrowind, Half Life 2, Doom.
Topped it off with some good remakes like Conker and redefined the FPS genre with Halo.
Then they built on top of Halo and defined what online console gaming could be with Halo 2.

Solid titles like Knights of the Old Republic, Ninja Gaiden, Jade Empire, Jet Set, Fable meant it was always going to leave fond memories.

Having the best audio and visual capabilities for that specific console generation helped allot as well, definitely helped the console age better... And still happily got a functioning console and a library that goes with it.

That isn't to say the Xbox 360 is a terrible console... Far from it. Still got one of those machines as well.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Vive la Duke!

Around the Network

I will say though, one thing the original Xbox had in its favour, for me at least, was that it had a stronger sense of its own distinct personality.
It was an edgy, heavy duty monster that brought PC gaming to the console space and just screamed power and cool.
360, perhaps wisely, softened this image a bit to make it more approachable.

I definitely think the original xbox has better games than the Xbox one.

CassiePrich

nugget said:

I definitely think the original xbox has better games than the Xbox one.

Definitely agree, as an original Xbox owner, the Xbone never managed to entice me enough to buy one.

360 was easily the best XBox system thus far. Great library of games as the go to for western 3rd larty devs at the time and they actually had good exclusives as well.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

I have an original radio shack release of the Xbox with Halo. Imported a Crystal special edition from Canada in my later life. I have an original 360, currently dead with the Red Ring. Also have an Xbox 360 slim, black and sleek, and the 360 Star Wars edition. Hardware wise I like the big bulky original. Online wise, 360. Picking a favorite? (can't, they're all my children and I love each one equally)

Last edited by DroidKnight - on 26 June 2020

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.