By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Games That Should Go In A Different Direction?

Xxain said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

Final Fantasy should try the radical approach of being a turn based RPG where you control a party of characters.  They should focus on telling an epic story with relatable characters.  They should be willing to sacrifice a bit on graphical fidelity if it means making the other parts of the game better and having a decent release window.

Sounds like Bravely Default.

Except the epic story and relatable character parts...

Around the Network
The_Liquid_Laser said:

Final Fantasy should try the radical approach of being a turn based RPG where you control a party of characters.  They should focus on telling an epic story with relatable characters.  They should be willing to sacrifice a bit on graphical fidelity if it means making the other parts of the game better and having a decent release window.

FF change direction at every release.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Assassin's Creed needs the 'assassin' back in the game. Currently it's more like Warrior's Creed, which is nice too but lacks the charm of an assassin game.

I really like Final Fantasy XII but they should have just made it an ARPG.  Just full-on party-based ARPG. I realize they would have to narrow spaces down to balance it out.

I feel if there is ever another Jet Set Radio. It should be an open world. This is a series that could really benefit from that. Not too large tho. If you take every area in the Future and merge them into one. That would be a perfect size.

I feel the same about Astral Chain II. Be a better open world. I don't typically like this way of thinking but the last 2 games I feel would work.

If we ever get another Castlevania. Return to the roots of the NES games and CVIV. Linear. Gothic. Horror-themed. No RPG elements. No anime. Dark, gothic, and atmospheric. 2D or 3D. Whatever. Just as long as it sticks to that.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Donkey Kong needs to be brought back to the 3D platforming arena. There is absolutely nowhere left to go with it as a side scroller, but tons of untapped potential for 3D. Nintendo needs to be making more 3D plats in general considering how the Mario ones are basically all gaming masterpieces.

Around the Network
VAMatt said:

I'd like to see a Halo adventure or western RPG-type of game. I wouldn't want them to abandon their regular linear shooter formula for that though.

An open world shooter along the lines of Destiny would be cool too. In that case, it would need to be a shift for the core of the series.

They already tried a different genre. Halo Wars is a Real Time Strategy game and it got a sequel, Halo Wars 2 another RTS. Maybe they are willing to try another genre with an RPG.

Or we could just leave those poor old games alone and be excited about new games that deliver the type of gameplay we crave.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

SMT's direction should be going back to being SMT.

Xxain said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

Sounds like Bravely Default.

No.  It's more like one of these games:

Dragon Quest 11
Persona 5
Lost Odyssey
Xenoblade Chronicles (original or DE)

Mortal Kombat....to go back and do another Shaolin Monks type of game. Loved that 2 player story coop.

MK has a really cool storyline and I find its hard to follow/not best depicted with the fighting game style, but if they continued into a more adventure route like Shaolin Monks I would definitely be buying more of their games.

I think all fighting games that has a big story just doesn't tell it well enough. Huge SF fan but I'm so lost on the story.