By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - MS is shutting down Mixer, and partnering with Facebook

SvennoJ said:
DonFerrari said:

I updated several dozen videos to youtube from PS4 before the issue.

Ah videos as well then, I always used you tube for those from the start. When I think of face book videos all that comes to mind is low res crappy cell phone captures :) I've never heard of Facebook gaming either. My last post on Facebook was July 9th 2017 yet some people still tell me happy birthday once a year on Facebook. Not that I notice :/ (Just found that out lol)

It wasn't facebook gaming I think. I just shared the video capture on my fb account with choice of people to tag and who could see, but otherwise the process was the same as for YT. At least for me it always asked among YT, Twitch and FB when I chose to upload video.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

I thought Mixer was a music app... A sequel to Xbox Music Mixer from the Original Xbox. Woops!

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Well I’m glad Ms cleared up the pressing questions. No we won’t be forced to link with FB, FB gaming won’t replace the Mixer tab on the console.

I imagine in the future if you are on Instagram and see a Xcloud add, clicking on it will bring you to the App Store to download the Xcloud app.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
Well I’m glad Ms cleared up the pressing questions. No we won’t be forced to link with FB, FB gaming won’t replace the Mixer tab on the console.

I imagine in the future if you are on Instagram and see a Xcloud add, clicking on it will bring you to the App Store to download the Xcloud app.

Are you being sarcastic?

Mixer tab wont be on the console... because mixer will be gone in a few weeks time.
It (the tab) will be replaced with other streaming services, ei. Twitch, facebook gameing, youtube ect.

"I imagine in the future if you are on Instagram and see a Xcloud add, clicking on it will bring you to the App Store to download the Xcloud app."

^ that thinking is too small scale.
If that was the whole point of it, they wouldnt have closed down mixer for it. 
Basically your "I imagine in the future" is small stuff thinking, that cant be right, it makes too little sense to be how this ends up.

MS getting access to 700m+ facebook users, and some of the phone market, that could make use of xCloud for gameing on your phone.
Is probably a big part of it.  Facebook wouldn't go along with this without getting something in return, it wouldnt be called a partnership if it only benefited MS.

So the long and short of it : More facebook on xbox, and more xbox on facebook.

MS aiming to make gamepass a big thing on phones, and pcs via facebook/instragram.
Facebook likely going to be integrated into Xbox OS, so they can datamine all xbox users.

Something tells me Facebook is gonna be plastered all over the dashboard....

*edit:
I mean think about it.
If Facebook is giveing xbox access to its platform, and leading you to its services, why would you assume they wouldnt ask for the same from xbox?
Ei. facebook stuff and services linked to xbox?  No such thing as a free lunch.

Last edited by JRPGfan - on 24 June 2020

And how many times has MajorNelson lied about stuff?

Hes a PR guy that probably doesnt even know the inner workings of the deal or the outcome,
and just says whatever he thinks people wants to hear, as part of his PR job.

I bet you facebook or facebook gameing in some way shape or form, shows up on xbox.
Otherwise it doesnt make sense, unless MS is handing over bags and bags of money to facebook for it.
(which again could effect gamepass and its price)

Its more likely since they call it a partner ship that access to each others platforms, goes both ways.
So they both can temp people into useing their services from both sides.

Maybe Nelson is just useing word trickery.
Maybe the "current" implimentation changes, and in the new changed way, it has it.

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:

Hes a PR guy that probably doesnt even know the inner workings of the deal or the outcome,

I bet you facebook or facebook gameing in some way shape or form, shows up on xbox.
Otherwise it doesnt make sense, unless MS is handing over bags and bags of money to facebook for it.

Its more likely since they call it a partner ship that access to each others platforms, goes both ways.

Maybe the "current" implimentation changes, and in the new changed way, it has it.

You clearly have a pre determined narrative. Even when there is evidence to the contrary you can’t just be like “Nuh Uh”. It isn’t even a vague statement. He confirmed Facebook won’t take your info nor will the Mixer tab be replaced by Facebook. Of course you will have some kind of option to link between the two, but it won’t be mandatory. Xbox has been all about choice these last few years and going forward. 

Last edited by sales2099 - on 24 June 2020

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
JRPGfan said:

You clearly have a pre determined narrative. Even when there is evidence to the contrary you can’t just be like “Nuh Uh”. It isn’t even a vague statement. He confirmed Facebook won’t take your info nor will the Mixer tab be replaced by Facebook. Of course you will have some kind of option to link between the two, but it won’t be mandatory. Xbox has been all about choice these last few years and going forward. 

Facebook won't take your info.  Lol that is fucking hilarious.  I'm sure they won't just stuff a tracking cookie or some other bullshit they have been doing since day 1.

sethnintendo said:
sales2099 said:

Facebook won't take your info.  Lol that is fucking hilarious.  I'm sure they won't just stuff a tracking cookie or some other bullshit they have been doing since day 1.

Well if you don’t have a Facebook account and have a Xbox account, no, Facebook won’t get access to your information unless you authorize it somehow. Came right from Major Nelson. The quote is pretty black and white. 

sethnintendo said:
sales2099 said:

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2019/mar/17/the-cambridge-analytica-scandal-changed-the-world-but-it-didnt-change-facebook

Rumor was Sony removed Facebook for that reason since Facebook had access to your friend lists etc. But sure, I guess if you don't link up to stream anything or share videos or screenshots, FB won't have access. Anyway Sony, not the best at keeping user info safe, thought FB was too risky to get back on the system. The removal was supposed to be temporary.

I thought it was strange and sad. I did notice that not many people were watching though. Still surprised as online gaming has a big future and they invested a bunch of money capturing expensive streamers.

I preferred Beam! I thought it sounded much more interesting. With Mixer I didn't really know how to search for games - don't make me brows or I will just leave.

Facebook Gaming? Nah, I don't even use facebook anymore. It's just so sad and creepy.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!