By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - (SPOILER ALERT) Free discussion of TLOU2 with story included

Tagged games:

How do you rate TLOU2 story

1 8 14.55%

2 1 1.82%

3 5 9.09%

4 3 5.45%

5 5 9.09%

6 7 12.73%

7 4 7.27%

8 4 7.27%

9 7 12.73%

10 11 20.00%

Total:55
kirby007 said:
KLXVER said:

I really hope thats just you having a bit of fun on my part.

Spoiler!
that wasn't a joke, that was the real outrage

Everything about it is tasteful and beautifully done. Fucking outrage culture...

Around the Network
iron_megalith said:
Why was this locked in the first place?

Head moderator thought that the spoiler free, and possible spoiler was enough threads. But when I explained that the possible spoiler was just for the conversation on the political part topics and this was the one to discuss the story of the game the thread got unlocked.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Suzy Lu had the best reaction.

The Ellie parts are a clean 10/10 for me but the Abby segments fall hard for me, I'm worried real criticism will be over shadowed by angry neckbeards. I'd love a part 3 only if it was 100% Ellie focus other wise I wont have too much interest.

Sucks I can’t do spoiler tags from my phone. Hopefully soon we can just openly discuss the story without tags.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
Sucks I can’t do spoiler tags from my phone. Hopefully soon we can just openly discuss the story without tags.

Perhaps give it another week =]

Have you tried editing a post in html format and copy the structure of a tagged post from someone else?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

vonny said:
The Ellie parts are a clean 10/10 for me but the Abby segments fall hard for me, I'm worried real criticism will be over shadowed by angry neckbeards. I'd love a part 3 only if it was 100% Ellie focus other wise I wont have too much interest.

Funny how different people's perspectives can be. I ended up liking Abby way more than Ellie. In fact, I spent the whole game angry at Ellie and felt that she was the most deserving to die out of all the main characters in the game.

chakkra said:
vonny said:

Funny how different people's perspectives can be. I ended up liking Abby way more than Ellie. In fact, I spent the whole game angry at Ellie and felt that she was the most deserving to die out of all the main characters in the game.

Then you fell for the narrative tricks ND did. You make Ellie do certain things when you play as her. Now compare to what you do as Abby when you played as her. It comes across very one sided. ND wants you to like her despite her past. 

(was this vague enough not to do a spoiler tag? I hope so) 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
chakkra said:

Then you fell for the narrative tricks ND did. You make Ellie do certain things when you play as her. Now compare to what you do as Abby when you played as her. It comes across very one sided. ND wants you to like her despite her past. 

Just compare how you treat the dogs between both narratives. Subtle but they tried.

Well at least the lesbian love scenes are much better than the "hetero" scene.

sales2099 said:
chakkra said:

I guess that is one way to put it. ND tried to do something different here by showing that there are always two sides to each story, but apparently they didn't pull it off quite well, judging by people's reactions.

You know, it always bothered me (and disturbed me) the fact that so many people were not only okay with what Joel did at the end of Part I, but kept seeing him as a "hero" after that. So I suspect ND's plan this time around was to see how far they could take Ellie before people realize that there is something wrong with these characters.