By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - (POSSIBLE SPOILERS INSIDE) The agenda and political discussion of Naughty Dog

Have politics damaged the quality of ND games

No 39 41.94%

Yes 54 58.06%

Total:93

It does bother me a bit, but after just completing TLOU2, I have to say that it's still one of the best games I played this gen. After the leaks I thought they lost their minds, but I'm glad the leaks were blown way out of proportion. I don't see anything super woke about the game at all to be honest. Abby is buffed because she sacrificed everything and trained her ass off to get her revenge. She did some bad shit but ND did a great job at showing how that affected her relationships and still made her kinda likable by the end. I mean, tell me you didn't feel sorry for her at the final part of the game?

Around the Network
forest-spirit said:
Immersiveunreality said:

Because female buff builds should have female shaped breast still on the chest and this does not really look like that,you can check google images for more realistic builds.Not saying it IS censoring but questioning it.

But that's false. Women in general can be flat-chested, and amongst female atheletes it's even more common.

But flatchested females still mostly have breasts and also lower bodyfat than abby has.

Immersiveunreality said:
forest-spirit said:

But that's false. Women in general can be flat-chested, and amongst female atheletes it's even more common.

But flatchested females still mostly have breasts and also lower bodyfat than abby has.

True, it's probably not that common for women to be completely flat, as in no shape at all. But Abby isn't that flat either. I looked up the sex-scene, and while her breasts are small, they're absolutely there.

Edit:

Abby also seems to be wearing a sports bra, or something similar, which would explain why you don't see that much shape when she's wearing her shirt.

Last edited by forest-spirit - on 27 June 2020

EnricoPallazzo said:
Hynad said:

Not at all. It is clear she's not a trans. The beefing up is simply a result of what she imposed on herself to make sure she'll get through her personal mission/vendetta. And outside of her arms and shoulders, she's really not that beefy and certainly not outside of the realm of plausibility.

I can't believe how stupid the nitpicks get with some of you guys.

I think it is not stupid at all. I believe she is not trans, but Neil created the character in a clear way to generate this question and buzz. 

I dont think she is, but it wouldnt be a surprise for me if in the next game she comes out as trans.

Yeah, why throw in all this ambiguity in Abby's character? Just be bold and make it clear that she is trans or that she isn't. Perhaps it's as a shield against criticism, because Neil knew that his treatment of Joel would be hated. "You wouldn't hate this character, would you? She could belong to a minority, so hating her could make you a bigot, you know? And she's a woman in any case, so we're covered on that front, no hate allowed." If Joel was killed by a run-off-the-mill straight white guy, the defense core wouldn't have a leg to stand on and we would get to the meat of the issue.

forest-spirit said:
Immersiveunreality said:

True, it's probably not that common for women to be completely flat, as in no shape at all. But Abby isn't that flat either. I looked up the sex-scene, and while her breasts are small, they're absolutely there.

Edit:

Abby also seems to be wearing a sports bra, or something similar, which would explain why you don't see that much shape when she's wearing her shirt.

I know but what's there looks like manly fattybreasts over the muscles,female breast on top of muscles are normally not spread that way.

I shall investigate the sportsbra thingy,others play games and i look up useless shit. :p

Around the Network
Immersiveunreality said:
forest-spirit said:

Edit:

I know but what's there looks like manly fattybreasts over the muscles,female breast on top of muscles are normally not spread that way.

I shall investigate the sportsbra thingy,others play games and i look up useless shit. :p

When she's leaning the breasts appear more spread though that might be due to the position and gravity. But you can see that they have a round shape when she's taking off the bra.

And looking up useless shit is how the world evolves. I think.

forest-spirit said:
Immersiveunreality said:

When she's leaning the breasts appear more spread though that might be due to the position and gravity. But you can see that they have a round shape when she's taking off the bra.

And looking up useless shit is how the world evolves. I think.

I watched that part and indeed,it is not the most clear female but acceptable i guess.

And yeah everything is kinda relaxing to do for me atm cause i'm home and on diazepam/valium and tramadol because one of the discs in spine keeps messing with the headnerve.

Hiku said:
Immersiveunreality said:

Yes but immunity in itself is more common or relatable for everyone,i question Abby her upper body build more as some form of censoring by Naugthy Dog or Sony and if it is really done for that purpose then it feels hypocritical but i hope i'm wrong.

I see it as no big deal really but just interesting to think about,Abby on herself is not the baddest of characters but the pacing and writing and how the flashbacks are set up do not really support her enough imo.

Also her motivation is not backed up enough,even Ellie is suddenly out of character a few times when she brutally slaughters.

I like Nora and Mel more than the other cast that should have been more important.

Fitness is a more common and known subject than immunity, right? I've thought about it thousands of times more, because it's constantly in our field of view one way or another, and more relevant to our everyday lives. (Except maybe this year, ironically) Whether it's that I don't work out enough, or I scroll through someone's pictures and see them at the gym.
I couldn't really tell you how immunity works. But that you build muscle by first breaking them down and allowing them to heal if pretty common knowledge. As is the fact that what you eat greatly affects this. Etc.

So which is more unbelievable? Only one known person having an immunity to a zombie apocalypse disease?
Or a woman built like Abby? Which we can Google and quickly find a ton of actual real people, looking way buffer than Abby.

Example 1: https://img.mensxp.com/media/content/2018/Apr/the-5-most-jacked-female-bodybuilders-of-all-time1400-1524831868_1400x653.jpg
Example 2: https://babbletop.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/extreme-female-bodybuilders-09.jpg

What do you mean by censorship? TLOU2 shows off several women of normal build, even when they're semi naked. So why would you think that they're censoring?

Bolded :I thought it can be possible they thought it would be accentuated a bit more on such a bodytype and that Sony recently has been censoring others games.

And yes i also know how bodybuilding works as i have done it in the past,lots of pain and sweat and just frequency and eating the needed nutrients.So how Abby found all the time and energy needed in a postapocalyptic world to achieve that kind of mass is a bit unrealistic but it also is not that important.

Were still over assessing Abby's body?

Lets ask again: We have a trained black woman beat up Nate and Sam and that is considered to be unrealistic, in a series that has one guy kill entire entire militias on top of having supernatural elements. In this game we have Ellie, who is a twig (Even with the little muscle mass she has, she would still struggle with men 30 pounds her size) manage to bring down and restrain grown men, but for some reason Nadine and Abby are the subject unrealism?

I find it hilarious when a developer is embracing inclusivity and representation in its projects is considered political and is attacked and hated for it. When instead we should be applauding them.

I for one am very proud of being a Naughty Dog fan and welcome the "direction they're heading" as it more realistic and believable than having only white wise cracking males with buff bodies dominant the industry. There's more to this world than white guys and sexy vixen women. I would love to be able to see a multitude of different characters being covered in video games. We should have more diversity and I hope we get to see it during the next generation.

I also find it more funny that a minority character needs to be explained into the story and need to "make sense" ad it's not realistic enough for some, and their existence need to be scrutinized and put under a microscope. I see people here questioning U4's Naidine while turning a blind eye to the biggest plot hole in the history of ND... SAM. And for those questioning Abby's body... Women come in different shapes and sizes... And colours... Some are flat chested and have no waist... Some look more masculine... Nature is complicated... GET OVER IT!