6 10 27.03%

7 1 2.70%

8 2 5.41%

9 5 13.51%

10 9 24.32%

Total:37
pikashoe said:
John2290 said:
I almost can't with this story anymore, it's so damn trivial for such large portions of the game. Dramatic soap opera shit with weak ass writing and then boom they throw in an oscar worthy section with some of the best performances in gaming going from B teir day time soap opera to stellar levels of production. It's so mishmashed and the actual story on the journey feels like an after thought and a lost uncharted script that got scrapped for being terrible with thr names changed from Nathan and Elena to Ellie and Dina... wait that's a terible disservice to elenas character. Dina might be the worst in recent memory.

No matter how good thia game is or what beats the story hits or the conclusion this game will never rise above a 9 for me and likely not an eight unless it gets more inlvoved ASAP, at ten hours in (slow playing) only two of those hours were actual TLOU teir story telling.
The journey is campy and the pacing is so far off the mark I'd nearly drop to a seven when all ia said and done if things don't chnage. It's such a puty too cause the game is so fucking good and amazing to play it's next level stuff and the graphics on PRO, it's almost like a PS5 launch game from the PS5 event but without the shiney reflections. As long as you are back far enough so the film grain effect fadws away, I prefer my VR swivel chair for any gaming these days so I' usually four to five feet from my 49 inch TV and I had to scrap the office chair for this, at 7 feet it looks like Bullshots even in motion apart from the odd frame pacing issue and at 10 feet it looks like you're playing a film. It lacks the crisp punchiness of RDR and the detailed animations but makes up for it in other ways and the animations are a far cry over RDR in speed and fluidity. The HDR is good with colour and contrast but you rarely get to see an area that makes use of luminosity but when you do it's incredible, there is a part when you leave a school at the first human Gunfight and you walk out across this roof to see an overcast sky with some 80's looking block flats and with HDR that shit looks real. As for the resolution it's hard to tell with thr film grain when you look up close but it doean't have the blurryness of RDR2 or slight ailsing of death stranding but who knows what's under the film grain filter. Sound is incredible too, it has VR worthy 3d sound and everything is one point.

I think I have more positives than you for the early parts of the story, but I think the game takes a massive nosedive after around 13-15 hours in. Even the gameplay is a little less interesting at the part that I'm in. I'm currently about 17 hours in.

Are you speeding through, completing and clearing everything or somewhere in between? I'm trying to think of a moment I can hint at where I am but I guess the fact that I can't shows just how campy this "journey" is.

China Numba wan!!

Around the Network
John2290 said:
pikashoe said:

I think I have more positives than you for the early parts of the story, but I think the game takes a massive nosedive after around 13-15 hours in. Even the gameplay is a little less interesting at the part that I'm in. I'm currently about 17 hours in.

Are you speeding through, completing and clearing everything or somewhere in between? I'm trying to think of a moment I can hint at where I am but I guess the fact that I can't shows just how campy this "journey" is.

Probably somewhere in between. I'm taking my time through most areas looting as much as I can

pikashoe said:
John2290 said:

Probably somewhere in between. I'm taking my time through most areas looting as much as I can

I spent a hour looking for a safe combo so slow is a bit of an understatment for how I'm rolling through. I think I found the part where the story goes down hill though and I'm really fucking pissed off that I was baited by a trailer in such a deceptive way. 

Spoiler!
I'm stumbling along, kicking ass and then that part from the trailer that suggests Joel shows up happens and I'm okay, not so bad It's Tommy at least and wait  who the fuck is this, that character I spent two mintues with at the start of the game that I know nothing about and could care fucking two shits less if he gets killed even less than Dina (That awful character). Not to be baited once by the tailer but then again within the game, this is Game of Thrones season eight levels of incompetencey. 

Yeah, Naughty Dog fucked up here. This isn't as serviceable as I thought, it's a shitshow. I'll keep playing but I think I'm gonna start skipping cutscenes, I didn't buy a pre college teen drama thriller. I'm pissed, You'd swear ND just forgot who there audience was. My score keeps dropping and the only thing that's holding it up is the gamepla, combat, graphics and audio. 

China Numba wan!!

So far I'm really ey enjoying it. I'm loving the slow pace (Atm) I'm just trying to get to the TV station to find a women called leah. But the atmosphere, story and setting is just so good. Naughty Dog have no doubt (along with The Last Of Us) just set the bar for a realistic post apocalyptic world, everywhere I look I just think to myself, 'this is how things would be, this is how the world would look' I'm not just talking about factions of people being created and people killing to survive, but the way nature has been allowed to fight back and take over all the man made concrete jungles, it looks so good and realistic.
The combat is also brutally satisfying, but like the with the world, it's just a realistic view of how the world would be.

I honestly can't find much wrong with the game so far.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

John2290 said:

I spent a hour looking for a safe combo so slow is a bit of an understatement for how I'm rolling through. 

Which safe? I've found them to be a bit of a mixed bag. There was one early one where it said the code was 'the day my good boy got employee of the month' and the employee of the month board was just outside. That was a neat little puzzle and fairly easy so I didn't expect all of them to be like that bur some just look tedious when there's nothing obvious in the vicinity. I just look it up on google when that happens.

Around the Network
SecondWar said:
John2290 said:

I spent a hour looking for a safe combo so slow is a bit of an understatement for how I'm rolling through. 

Which safe? I've found them to be a bit of a mixed bag. There was one early one where it said the code was 'the day my good boy got employee of the month' and the employee of the month board was just outside. That was a neat little puzzle and fairly easy so I didn't expect all of them to be like that bur some just look tedious when there's nothing obvious in the vicinity. I just look it up on google when that happens.

It was an autoshop that had the combination at what any hardcore or competent gamer would know was the end of the open planned level, a cheap trick. I spent the best part of an hour combing the place and when I gave up with frustration it was stuck on a letter, obviously on the wall. It's season eight game of thrones with this game even in the "puzzle" design. Gotta subvert expectations over sense at all costs. 

And speaking of safes, instead of looking them up on youtube you can crack them by listening for the different click on the right numbers, as long as you aren't leaving yourself open to organically plat'ing the game. 

Last edited by John2290 - on 20 June 2020

China Numba wan!!

Gameplay is better than the last of us 1. i have 5 hours to play, currently - its sooooooo good !!! Big Emotions, wonderful Gameplay and this love to details... my Respect!

Game of the Year 2020: Ghost of Tsushima, Persona 5 Royal or The Last of Us 2 ?!

I'm about 5 hours in. The first semi-open world area is pretty neat. I think I missed some things there, so I hope I can backtrack later. Otherwise I'll have to pick up that final achievement on a 2nd playthrough. Playing on hard difficulty, and it really feels like there just isn't any ammo around anywhere. Not a complaint mind you. Guns really feel OP in this game if you have a ton of ammo. I wish I could take ammo from one handgun and put it into another handgun though. Kind of annoying that two guns that use the same bullet type can't trade ammo. Controls are good but weird. It's like they refused to stick to conventions with button placement. In just about every FPS I've ever played run is clicking down on R3 or L3. In just about every action game I've played dodge is circle. I can't wait to get my guns upgraded because I really hate it when guns wobble.

The story is great so far. I really like how they kept it real by having things happen which shouldn't be happening. I don't have a problem with Dina or her dialogue. She's kind of interesting, but kind of bland too.

The framerate is fine on my Pro. Just finished Metro Exodus at 100 FPS, and I'm still amazed at how TLoU2 runs. It feels like 40-45 FPS so far and stable. But I'm only in the first semi-open world area. I keep spinning the camera trying to notice things like trees or lightpoles stutter forward, but they don't. I have motion blur turned down to 0 too.

The sentence below is false. 
The sentence above is true. 

20 hours in and I feel like I'm still far away from the end. I tried looting everything the first 15 hours or so but at this point I want to focus on progressing the story faster just so I can dive into spoilers discussion with full knowledge, the collectibles and all will have to wait for my 2nd playthrough.

Mordred11 said:
20 hours in and I feel like I'm still far away from the end. I tried looting everything the first 15 hours or so but at this point I want to focus on progressing the story faster just so I can dive into spoilers discussion with full knowledge, the collectibles and all will have to wait for my 2nd playthrough.

If you are going at a similar speed to me you probably have around 5 hours give or take left.