By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New Pokémon Snap ,is it a remake?

Classify New Pokémon Snap

Remake 0 0%

Remaster 0 0%

Re-Release 0 0%

Reimagining 3 9.68%

Sequel 28 90.32%

Total:31

It's a new game.

And I don't even like Pokemon Snap

Around the Network

It's "New" as the name says

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Snesboy said:
It's a new game.

And I don't even like Pokemon Snap

I do not believe it is a remake myself. Too many major differences in terms of setting and Pokémon alone. That said, I am oddly excited about this game.

I have not the foggiest why as I was not as big a fan of the Original Pokémon Snap. This one though intrigues me a bit more. Cannot wait for new information to come.

" It has never been about acknowledgement when you achieve something. When you are acknowledged, then and only then can you achieve something. Always have your friends first to achieve your goals later." - OnlyForDisplay

From the Pokemon company themselves: "an all-new adventure".

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

From the Pokemon company themselves: "an all-new adventure".

Also "inspired by the classic Nintendo 64 game" should refer to the gameplay.

village boy learns to jump.

I also don't get the question. The general idea is the same, ride a vehicle through the outdoors to take pics of Pokemon, but even from the 1 minute trailer it's pretty clearly a completely new game. The only scene that's the same is when Pikachu eats the apple, and that's because it's such an iconic moment. Everything else is new, from most of the Pokemon to the environment. There's also an emphasis on water areas which was no in the original game. Even the playable character is not the same character as in the original game. The develops and publishers are treating it as a sequel, and all the information we have shows it to be a sequel.

They could have made it clear if they just called it Pokémon Snap 2. By calling it new snap they make seem like the new 3ds which is small upgrade.

That's definitely a port

We reap what we sow

Chicho said:

They could have made it clear if they just called it Pokémon Snap 2. By calling it new snap they make seem like the new 3ds which is small upgrade.

Seems pretty clear to everyone else.