By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New Pokémon Snap ,is it a remake?

Classify New Pokémon Snap

Remake 0 0%

Remaster 0 0%

Re-Release 0 0%

Reimagining 3 9.68%

Sequel 28 90.32%

Total:31

That's definitely a port

We reap what we sow

Around the Network
Chicho said:

They could have made it clear if they just called it Pokémon Snap 2. By calling it new snap they make seem like the new 3ds which is small upgrade.

Seems pretty clear to everyone else.

It's a demake. No todd :/

Chicho said:

They could have made it clear if they just called it Pokémon Snap 2. By calling it new snap they make seem like the new 3ds which is small upgrade.

I agree it's a terrible name, but this is what they did with New Super Mario Brothers and Yoshi's New Island.  The precedent for slapping 'new' on new games is very strong with Nintendo.

160rmf said:
That's definitely a port

*2 years ago on Smash Ultimate reveal*

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA !!!!

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Around the Network

How can it be just a remake when there's so many new things in it?

Those who played the original will know that this is not a remake. The areas shown in the trailer are completely different from the original game. The only one that looks familiar is the Beach, but even that one looks very different both in aesthetic and layout from the N64.

Vodacixi said:
Those who played the original will know that this is not a remake. The areas shown in the trailer are completely different from the original game. The only one that looks familiar is the Beach, but even that one looks very different both in aesthetic and layout from the N64.

That being said, I hope some areas from the original return. I really liked the Tunnel and Volcano levels.

I'll probably buy this game for my nephew, I'll show him the trailer and ask him if he wants it.

Chicho said:
I'll probably buy this game for my nephew, I'll show him the trailer and ask him if he wants it.

Hope he likes it. :)