By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Salt or Pepper

Salt 30 62.50%

Pepper 18 37.50%

Total:48
Nighthawk117 said:
kirby007 said:

you never had a steak with smoked salt?

No. And since I have high blood pressure, that doesn't seem healthy to me.

are you drowning your steak in pepper/salt? just a whiff is enough

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
Dulfite said:
COKTOE said:

Ahhhh!

Did I melt mind?

Well, maybe. Nobody else brought it up. I have iodized, a specific type of Sea, and pink Himalayan. I tend to use pink Himalayan most often. To be fair though, it would be hard to tell the difference in taste if you were to eat it straight by the spoonful.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Nighthawk117 said:

The only answer is: pepper. What is better on steak? What is better on pasta? What is better on potato/macoroni salad? What is better on pizza?

-And I'm talking about which one you would put on your food just before eating it.-

a steak needs both, to tenderise the meat.
You salt it like a day or two before cooking it, it turns out fantastic.

Pasta dishes with salt? less is more imo (who would put salt ontop of pasta?).
Though I probably assume alot of pasta when made, was also made with abit of salt added in (or cooked in lightly salted water (a pinch)).

Salt does go really well with potatoes and tomatoes.... and even pizza dough.

Its unhealthy to have too much salt though.
pepper? eat as much as you want :)

kirby007 said:
Nighthawk117 said:

No. And since I have high blood pressure, that doesn't seem healthy to me.

I like many of my foods with a normal amount of pepper.  The high blood pressure is from other stuff, booze, heredity, etc...

Nighthawk117 said:
kirby007 said:

I like many of my foods with a normal amount of pepper.  The high blood pressure is from other stuff, booze, heredity, etc...

start drinking red wine is good for the blood pressure

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
Nighthawk117 said:

The only answer is: pepper. What is better on steak? What is better on pasta? What is better on potato/macoroni salad? What is better on pizza?

-And I'm talking about which one you would put on your food just before eating it.-

a steak needs both, to tenderise the meat.
You salt it like a day or two before cooking it, it turns out fantastic.

Pasta dishes with salt? less is more imo (who would put salt ontop of pasta?).
Though I probably assume alot of pasta when made, was also made with abit of salt added in (or cooked in lightly salted water (a pinch)).

Salt does go really well with potatoes and tomatoes.... and even pizza dough.

Its unhealthy to have too much salt though.
pepper? eat as much as you want :)

I just made a huge batch of American Chop Suey/Goulash on Sunday night.  Been eating it for lunch since then, with a normal

dash of pepper. Just finished it today.

COKTOE said:
Dulfite said:

Did I melt mind?

Well, maybe. Nobody else brought it up. I have iodized, a specific type of Sea, and pink Himalayan. I tend to use pink Himalayan most often. To be fair though, it would be hard to tell the difference in taste if you were to eat it straight by the spoonful.

I find that Himalayan salt is less salty. You have to use more to get the same amount of saltiness. 

kirby007 said:
hey yo chico why not both

Since quite a few people answered, I have to confess that i was trying to test  how polls worked and didn't expect much discussion. Having both is the best thing but it was interesting thinking of choosing just one. 

Whenever i eat an american snacklike product i always notice it has tons ans tons of salt in it,sometimes such a high amount that it takes the taste away from the other ingredients.

How about Salt AND Pepa?