Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is Project Athia next gen's Deep Down?

twintail said:
Drakrami said:
Deep Down had a 2 minute CGI trailer that showcased a game looking like it ripped off of Dark Souls, that got you to buy a ps4...?Project Athia is by Square Enix whom I don't remember half ass their projects nor cancel their projects and by a new studio to boot.

Well I've actually played Deep Down before though. 

Hot damn.. I forgot it had a demo. The game looked so good. Its a shame they scrapped the engine/and game.

">

Around the Network

Deep down is playable and got a 30min - 1 hour gameplay on youtube. Project athia on the other hand is a square enix title which means we may never see it next gen.

Please be excited.. 10 years later!

All I would say is that I didn't appreciate its reveal. Not enough meat on the bones

Could be FF16. I mean it looks so much like FF15s visuals and that FF director said he wanted to go more fantasy with less magitech. Fingers crossed.

China Numba wan!!

Around the Network
Drakrami said:
Deep Down had a 2 minute CGI trailer that showcased a game looking like it ripped off of Dark Souls, that got you to buy a ps4...?Project Athia is by Square Enix whom I don't remember half ass their projects nor cancel their projects and by a new studio to boot.

SE are atrocious at keeping projects on track to release, they half ass things with all the FF14 money more often than not until they either scrap or rework what they have got. If it wasn't for the FF14 money picking up the slack they'd have either gone under by now or made better, more finished games and hit more of their deadlines. 

China Numba wan!!

No, it will just be in limbo for half a decade and will then resurface as Final Fantasy 16 and will be released another half of a decade later.

Forget Deep Down, just look at SE's own tech demos that never really turned into anything as an example of them showing things that never really turn into what you're thinking. 2012 tech demo: Agni's Philosophy

hush404 said:

Forget Deep Down, just look at SE's own tech demos that never really turned into anything as an example of them showing things that never really turn into what you're thinking. 2012 tech demo: Agni's Philosophy

It's a tech demo. It was never meant to be game. Project Athia is a game. Project Athia has been in development since SE cancelled the last of FFXV's DLCs. This thread has absolutely no basis to exist.

By the way, What were the other gens vapourware?

hush404 said:

uhm.. tech demos only exist to show off tech, they usually aren't ment to turn into anything - Kara turning into Detroit is a very rare case