By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS5 Reveal breaks nearly all social media records (Twitch, Youtube streaming, Youtube, Instagram, Twitter)

PS5 is the fastest selling console of all time when you align launches.

Around the Network
src said:

Any numbers or sources to back that up? OR are we making stuff up now?

Here are my sources.

https://www.vgchartz.com/article/450849/ps5-vs-xbox-series-xs-vs-switch-launch-sales-comparison-through-week-45/

https://www.vgchartz.com/article/450727/ps5-vs-wii-sales-comparison-august-2021/

Wii will likely continue to increase it's lead.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

src said:

Playstation has more regional youtube channels than Nintendo. Adding it all up will just make it even more one sided to Playstation.

Also State of Play are tiny updates. Showcases are the big E3 like conference replacements.

PS5 thus far is the fastest selling console of all time.

If you look at the game trailer views from the recent PS Showcase they wipe the floor with Nintendo's E3 direct, despite only being 3 weeks old.

It's not anymore.

src said:

You have not looked at the weekly comparisons have you?

guys guys he is right it's the fastest selling PS console and anything outside PS doesn't exist or isn't worth mentioning

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
kirby007 said:

guys guys he is right it's the fastest selling PS console and anything outside PS doesn't exist or isn't worth mentioning

Are you implying there's another gaming platform that has its own exclusive games with millions in their own fanbase other than our one and only divine PS?!?!?

Kakadu18 said:
src said:

I only look at data from FY reports. PS5 is the fastest selling console of all time per Sony, Nintendo FY reports.

kirby007 said:

Wrong again.

src said:
Kakadu18 said:

I only look at data from FY reports. PS5 is the fastest selling console of all time per Sony, Nintendo FY reports.

kirby007 said:

Wrong again.

You mean report for the data up to March 2021? We're talking about now. The weekly and monthly comparisons show it pretty clearly that you're wrong.

And about your responce to kirby007: you ever heard of sarcasm??? Your response makes zero sense.

PS5 is currently behind Wii and NS, launch aligned like you said. Stop moving goal posts

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Do I have to handhold you guys through everything, jesus
After 3 quarters:

PS5 10.1M
PS4 10.4M

Wii 9.27M
NSW 7.63M
NDS 6.65M

PS5 reached 10M sold-through as of July 18th
PS4 reached 10M sold-through as of Aug 10th with 10.4M sold-in as of June 30, 2014

PS5 is the fastest selling console of all time.