By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Detroit Become Human PC - Native 4K vs Checkerboard Rendering on PS4 Pro, why native 4k is useless

Tagged games:

This thread is hilarious on so many levels. Not just because you're wrong, and completely misunderstood what was said in the video, but also because I'm pretty sure I saw you in another thread telling people they need to watch the PS5 game presentations in 4K on youtube to really appreciate how good they look. Now suddenly 4k is a waste of power. Classic.

Around the Network
Angelus said:
This thread is hilarious on so many levels. Not just because you're wrong, and completely misunderstood what was said in the video, but also because I'm pretty sure I saw you in another thread telling people they need to watch the PS5 game presentations in 4K on youtube to really appreciate how good they look. Now suddenly 4k is a waste of power. Classic.

Suddenly DSLL is waste on Xbox SX and Nvidia GPU . Now many GPU implemented DLSS which is checkerboard rendering 

HollyGamer said:

EDIT: On top of that you need to zoom in a lot to compared which is waste of effort and time, when you playing video games you will not notice especially if you are moving your character.

Your thread is a waste of effort and time, nothing else.

Conina said:
HollyGamer said:

EDIT: On top of that you need to zoom in a lot to compared which is waste of effort and time, when you playing video games you will not notice especially if you are moving your character.

Your thread is a waste of effort and time, nothing else.

so you contribute to the waste i did LMAO 

I only use a 1440p monitor for gaming and even with that monitor the native 4k version looks sharper in the DF video. I guess if I would have a 4k screen on my gaming PC the difference would look even bigger. 

For me personally 1440p is most of the time enough on my gaming PC, though (especially because my eyes aren't the best^^)

Around the Network
crissindahouse said:
I only use a 1440p monitor for gaming and even with that monitor the native 4k version looks sharper in the DF video. I guess if I would have a 4k screen on my gaming PC the difference would look even bigger

Now many GPU use temporal reconstruction , many games in the future will use PS4 pro methode on upscaling. 

so looks 1527p < CB 4k =1800p < 4k
power of device needed 1527p < 1800p < CB 4k < 4k

dont get how you came to the conclusion of the threadtitle aside from clickbait

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:

so looks 1527p < CB 4k =1800p < 4k
power of device needed 1527p < 1800p < CB 4k < 4k

CB 1920 X 2160 = 1500 P

4K is obviously better. But it's interesting to see how CB 4K goes head to head with ease against 1800p. Against native 4K, it's noticeably softer, but also not that far behind when all is said and done.

The benefits of the technique are made clear in this video. So it's a good thing it is getting adopted by more developers. Games can look much better than running at a lower resolution on hardware that can't push 4K with satisfying results.

Meh, I'm sticking with glorious 720p.