By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Detroit Become Human PC - Native 4K vs Checkerboard Rendering on PS4 Pro, why native 4k is useless

Tagged games:

Native 4k is useless.. because PS4 Pro can't play it.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Around the Network
m0ney said:

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

A little less clarity but costing half of the processing power it is a great trade-off.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

m0ney said:

Native 4k is tough still. a 2080ti Can't max out all games 4k 60fps.

It's why I went for 1440p 144hz. Maybe another 2/3 years we can start seeing 4k high refresh rate max settings on high fidelity games soon.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Around the Network

Wow

HollyGamer said:
m0ney said:

Not sure why you constantly go on about DLSS. That's an Nvidia technology and consoles won't be able to do it. DLSS is much better than checkerboarding because it actually fills the missing pixels with useful information instead of just rendering half of an image and then guessing. And even that is still not as good as actual native 4k.

But it's not that I'm surprised. Of course someone who has only ever purchased compromises will pretend that compromises are somehow better than the best of the best.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

DonFerrari said:
A little less clarity but costing half of the processing power it is a great trade-off.

Compromises are a good thing. I mean that's what consoles are; gigantic pieces of compromises for a good price. Things only get dangerous when people start claiming that compromises are the only proper way to do things.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Shows that you can make something sub 1500p match something running 1800p (and be less demanding, and have better frame rates).
Ofc 4k on PC is better, but even 2080 TI's can't do it at 60+ fps.

Imo this does kinda prove that cerny aiming for checkerboarding was a fine way to go about things.

vivster said:
HollyGamer said:

Not sure why you constantly go on about DLSS. That's an Nvidia technology and consoles won't be able to do it. DLSS is much better than checkerboarding because it actually fills the missing pixels with useful information instead of just rendering half of an image and then guessing. And even that is still not as good as actual native 4k.

But it's not that I'm surprised. Of course someone who has only ever purchased compromises will pretend that compromises are somehow better than the best of the best.

Well from what I know the CB isn't guessing, it is almost like interpolated. It generates half the pixel on one scene and take half the pixels of the previous image and combine for a full image.

vivster said:
DonFerrari said:

Compromises are a good thing. I mean that's what consoles are; gigantic pieces of compromises for a good price. Things only get dangerous when people start claiming that compromises are the only proper way to do things.

Agree

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."