By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS5 huge UI dashboard functionality upgrade over PS4 UI (PS5 UI developer comment/patent leak)

Tagged games:

What do you think

Hmm ... Interesting 4 36.36%

Probably 1 9.09%

No don't tell us, i want surprise 2 18.18%

I hope so 4 36.36%

Total:11

Hmm interesting , i think it have some PS4/PS3 DNA like XMB but with more features, and improvement on how it look 

let's look at the patent so far 

“Methods and systems to provide a user interface to access games available for a user account. The selection of a game for gameplay is detected at the user interface and, in response, the gameplay is initiated. Interactions provided by a user during gameplay are used to affect the outcome of the game. The interactions are analyzed to determine the game behavior of the user. Behavior metrics are generated for different portions of the game, based on the user’s game behavior. The behavior metrics for the user for the game are associated with a game icon of the game provided on the user interface, the association causes specific ones of the behavior metrics to be rendered for the different portions of the game during subsequent gameplay and are provided to help the user to improve the user’s gameplay for the different portions of the game.”

The patent reveals that core console menus will pretty much be the same, except for Games getting their own tab. Within the Games tab it looks like the UI will dynamically showcase stats, kills, points and even a video of the last gameplay. Players may also be able to receive video and textual hints.

Speaking of hints, Sony had earlier filed a patent for a system that uses behavioural metrics to dynamically display hints to players.

Remember a few months ago,  we have 4chan and reddit leak regarding PS5 UI

and also imagine those patent

and add some sparkling glittering effect and new color like from the PS5 event 

There you have it a new PS5 UI

Of course this is just a patent, some might come to PS5 some might not or changed. But from what the Sony PS5 developer comment, and the leak so far and i am guessing this patent  look legit.

Around the Network

Can't wait for the redesign. Could just be me but the store lags for some reason on the ps4 so hopefully, they will get that fixed.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Captain_Yuri said:
Can't wait for the redesign. Could just be me but the store lags for some reason on the ps4 so hopefully, they will get that fixed.

The store are lacking some features on PS4, i hope they shows us the upgrade for the store as well 

I have a problem that the tab with streaming apps is slow to open or even display those apps at all.
Agrees with the store aswell

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:
I have a problem that the tab with streaming apps is slow to open or even display those apps at all.
Agrees with the store aswell

No problems my end with the tab but that doesnt help you My problem with the store is when looking through games it will sometimes basically stop and you get a blue screen with the PS button icons on it this can last for around 30 sec or longer before loading in the content.

Last edited by mjk45 - on 14 June 2020

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network

Liked the PS3 UI and really like the PS4 UI after the additions such as folders. Hopefully the PS5 UI isn't all that different. As said, the store lag is pretty terrible, though I don't use it much luckily.

The little tease we presumably got during the reveal stream looked great. Looking forward to seeing more.

Captain_Yuri said:

The store has major issues.  I have to do a network test all the time in order to get it to work.  Afterwards I basically have 5 minutes where the store works and then it will start lagging again.  Drives me nuts.

ps4 seems perfect as it is at the moment, interesting to see what they do

I'd be fine if they just manage to not make a 2D UI stutter on their multi TFLOPS console.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.