By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - In your mind, what will the Xbox SX conference have to do to beat the PS5 conference?

Tagged games:

Answer the damned question!

Fantastic games 65 51.18%

100% backwards compatible with every Xbox 3 2.36%

VR Support 3 2.36%

Shockingly low price 21 16.54%

There's NOTHING they can do 31 24.41%

Other (please explain) 4 3.15%

Total:127

Shockingly low price, something like $100-$150 less expensive.

Showing games that look amazing isn't enough, Xbox got such bad reputation this gen on it's first party that i doubt people will give credit to "previews of future games" on the xbox show. ( especialy considering that sony is rocking whit games, whit many GOty exclusives during the generation)

Around the Network
Runa216 said:
DonFerrari said:

It is more curious that MS happened to buy the devs that made the games he is interested as well =p

At this point, it's more like I'm curious where all the games are if people keep going on about how all these new teams are gonna revolutionize gaming. Microsoft has had money for decades now and despite having the deepest pockets and even Rare, we've not seen anything remotely exciting on their platforms for years. My point has always been that, despite the promises for a better future, they've done nothing in four years to make me think that owning Obsidian or any of their other new acquisitions is going to result in good games. 

They announced these acquisitions in 2018. Games take time.  Plus they were not going to have them focus in 2018. Probably see at least a couple of these projects soon. We saw Hellblade 2.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

sales2099 said:

Lol cmon you could have have agreed to disagree. Throwing out the facts just tells me what we all ready know: PS4 had an amazing gen and Xbox One has a worse one. That’s me talking. So the majority of people like what they like, and yet I’m one of those who just doesn’t see the appeal of what they got.

I tried to tell you my perspective, but they way you just threw it aside...I mean I’m able to acknowledge what the competition offers yet you can’t empathize at all. It’s ok, I said my piece.

I think you have to understand that not many people are so incredibly loyal to a console brand as you. It just feels that whatever MS gives you, automatically becomes the thing you absolutely wanted the most. I mean would you honestly have cared about super nichy titles like Flightsim or Hellblade 2 if they weren't on your favorite console brand? Would playing 15 year old 360 games, on a next gen console, really have top priority for you if MS didn't put all their eggs in the BC/ Smart delivery basket? Do you honestly not care about not getting any Series X exclusives for the next 2 years? And do you really not care that half of the highest rated and best selling games are Sony or Nintendo exclusives, while the only decent thing that has come out of a MS studios, during a whole freaking console generation, is Ori?

Fact is, MS has proven over and over again that they don't care about you, or the rest of their Xbox fanbase. Console gaming alone just doesn't seem enough for them. That is why they completely abandoned their core audience, when they thought there was a bigger fish to catch with Kinect, and had half of their 1st party studios making shovelware for it. MS has had its share of fuck ups and next gen is looking to be their biggest one yet. At least if their "first look at Series X games" stream is a precursor of what to expect.

So, unless you're willingly looking to frustrate yourself, it's okay to be more open minded when it comes to making your next console purchase decision. I'm still open minded and if MS really hits it out of the park on July, I'll probably still end up buying a Series X. But history has made me, and many others, extremely skeptical and they really have a shit ton to prove if they plan to win me back over.  

goopy20 said:
sales2099 said:

Lol cmon you could have have agreed to disagree. Throwing out the facts just tells me what we all ready know: PS4 had an amazing gen and Xbox One has a worse one. That’s me talking. So the majority of people like what they like, and yet I’m one of those who just doesn’t see the appeal of what they got.

I tried to tell you my perspective, but they way you just threw it aside...I mean I’m able to acknowledge what the competition offers yet you can’t empathize at all. It’s ok, I said my piece.

I think you have to understand that not many people are so incredibly loyal to a console brand as you. It just feels that whatever MS gives you, automatically becomes the thing you absolutely wanted the most. I mean would you honestly have cared about super nichy titles like Flightsim or Hellblade 2 if they weren't on your favorite console brand? Would playing 15 year old 360 games, on a next gen console, really have top priority for you if MS didn't put all their eggs in the BC/ Smart delivery basket? Do you honestly not care about not getting any Series X exclusives for the next 2 years? And do you really not care that half of the highest rated and best selling games are Sony or Nintendo exclusives, while the only decent thing that has come out of a MS studios, during a whole freaking console generation, is Ori?

Fact is, MS has proven over and over again that they don't care about you, or the rest of their Xbox fanbase. Console gaming alone just doesn't seem enough for them. That is why they completely abandoned their core audience, when they thought there was a bigger fish to catch with Kinect, and had half of their 1st party studios making shovelware for it. MS has had its share of fuck ups and next gen is looking to be their biggest one yet. At least if their "first look at Series X games" stream is a precursor of what to expect.

So, unless you're willingly looking to frustrate yourself, it's okay to be more open minded when it comes to making your next console purchase decision. I'm still open minded and if MS really hits it out of the park on July, I'll probably still end up buying a Series X. But history has made me, and many others, extremely skeptical and they really have a shit ton to prove if they plan to win me back over.  

At least now you’re dropping the charade of being a Barney Fife type character and getting more into your intended role of just outright trolling. So Ori is the only “decent” thing this gen eh? Oh man that sucks. Flight Sim and Hellblade II are super niche? Darn. Though I gotta say if Hellblade II and Flight Sim were Sony games you’d be praising them for their variety. 

Also cross gen support is only up to one year after XSX launches, according to Microsoft. Why do you keep extending it longer lol.

Shaunodon said:

I understand where you're coming from @Runa216, and you're making some valid points, but do you maybe wanna wait another 6 months before you burn the rest of your Xbox t-shirts? Good grief man.

Imagine claiming Xbox are already dead and buried when the next-gen hasn't even begun yet, nor have they even done their first big showcase, which is what we're meant to be discussing.

When you see a pattern of lacking output and a complete lack of support for new, exclusive games time after time after time...well, I'm not jumping to conclusions, here. My assertions are completely logical. Could Microsoft surprise me and turn it around? yeah! I hope they do! I genuinely, truly hope they do. If this was 2005 then I'd give them the benefit of the doubt. If this was 2013, I'd say the same thing with some hesitation. If I believed they made a mistake and could learn from it, then I'd be happy to give them another chance or go in with a positive outlook. 

The reality is that they messed up three times in a row, have shown limited ability to learn from their mistakes, and still lack any sort of games on their consoles that I personally want to play. the reality is that they've displayed a pattern on repeat and their most recent loop was by far the worst. This isn't a one-time mess-up, this is who they are. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network
Leynos said:
Runa216 said:

At this point, it's more like I'm curious where all the games are if people keep going on about how all these new teams are gonna revolutionize gaming. Microsoft has had money for decades now and despite having the deepest pockets and even Rare, we've not seen anything remotely exciting on their platforms for years. My point has always been that, despite the promises for a better future, they've done nothing in four years to make me think that owning Obsidian or any of their other new acquisitions is going to result in good games. 

They announced these acquisitions in 2018. Games take time.  Plus they were not going to have them focus in 2018. Probably see at least a couple of these projects soon. We saw Hellblade 2.

Wasn't Insomniac purchased in 2019? And look what we got! new Spider-Man and new Ratchet & Clank game! Your argument is invalid. 

Wasn't Rare purchased in like 2000 or 2001? 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

LudicrousSpeed said:
goopy20 said:

At least now you’re dropping the charade of being a Barney Fife type character and getting more into your intended role of just outright trolling. So Ori is the only “decent” thing this gen eh? Oh man that sucks. Flight Sim and Hellblade II are super niche? Darn. Though I gotta say if Hellblade II and Flight Sim were Sony games you’d be praising them for their variety. 

Also cross gen support is only up to one year after XSX launches, according to Microsoft. Why do you keep extending it longer lol.

How is this trolling? He's just saying the truth we're not allowed to say (The F-word). 

I think it's pretty telling, overall, that Mr Sales loves everything Microsoft does but I can't stand like half of Nintendo or Sony's output...but the variety means that I still love the rest. Like, I think Uncharted and The Last of Us are overrated, but I'm not dumb enough to pretend they're not megaton games. I don't like animal Crossing or Splatoon, but they still sold like hotcakes. I find gran Turismo boring as hell, but it's still a system seller for some people. I absolutely loathe MLB games but The Show is the best baseball game out there and it's PlayStation exclusive. the fact that these consoles have this many games I'm not even interested in and yet I Still can't keep up with my backlog speaks volumes. 

Xbox has the holy trinity, with Forza being the only one that's still actually good. Halo hasn't been great since Reach, Gears hasn't been great since 3. Forza is the only brand Xbox has been releasing with any semblance of consistency. I loved Ori and Cuphead, but those are aberrations, not examples. Sea of Thieves was dismantled at launch, as was crackdown and State of Decay 2. They put out some games but they're pretty poorly received and yet Mr Sales still licks their boots. I mean, you're allowed to like what you like, it's okay to like things that aren't popular (I unironically think the Pirates of the Caribbean sequels 2 and 3 are some of the best films of all time despite them being pretty much hated by most critics), but when he seemingly likes everything Microsoft does without exception and somehow doesn't like anything Sony does in spite of the sheer quality, quantity, and variety offered on that platform tells us all we need to know about his level of support for his chosen brand. 

HE's allowed to, Just like I'm allowed to love Nintendo even when they're colossally failing (Gamecube, WiiU), but he really should come to terms with it and understand he's the biased one, not us. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

To say the only decent thing on Xbox this gen has been Ori is just trolling, no matter how many paragraphs you want to write nonsense about.

goopy20 said:
sales2099 said:

You want to act like you know me and my interests are superficial? Ok then. Growing up I played an ungodly amount of Xcom and Xcom Terror from the deep. Advance Wars series on Nintendo DS. Xcom reboots. So yes I am VERY much looking forward to Gears Tactics and Wasteland 3, the latter being a multiplat but a 1st party game all the same. My gamertag is GhostMLD, named after the Ghost unit in Starcraft. Which I’m also a big fan of. So when they made Halo Wars 1 and 2, sure someone like you can see those as niche titles but to me they combined 2 of the best things I liked. Hellblade legitimately is my favourite new Ip of this gen. I wanted to play it so bad when it was Ps exclusive. And not only did I play it and it being better then I expected (narratively and atmospherically it nearly had no equal to me), it’s sequel is 1st party. Same with Obsidian and Fallout NV (one of my favourite wrpgs) and Outer Worlds. Can’t wait to see a sequel that actually has MSs resources behind it, OW could have been truly something special. 

Alan Wake, Ninja Gaiden 2 are games I am ashamed to say I missed when they were new but got the chance to beat them via GP. Then there’s my back catalog where I was able to beat Lost Odyssey (turn base jrpg that you just don’t see much nowadays) after getting stuck back in 2008. They were even optimized in some way when I played them on my Xbox X. So yes I’m grateful they made it work so that I could easily access this rather then shrug my shoulders and never play them. I could go on and on so yes I assure you I’m glad I have this feature.

“Do you honestly not care about not getting any Series X exclusives for the next 2 years?” I know they are optimized, I care if they are quality experiences, and I know they aren’t on PlayStation. So that makes the choice easy. 

Your second paragraph imo is just light trolling so ima skip that. I can easily say Sony gives you guys great games but doesn’t put as much effort in their services. They tend to add features Xbox did first, usually years later. The one thing they did first was Ps Now but they wasted its potential and allowed Game Pass to be 5x more successful with half the instal base in only a couple years time. I just know I’m playing more games then ever and saving a ton of money doing so, and I know I wouldn’t get that same value if I went to PS. Again no offence to anybody, that’s just my perspective. 

I’ll be open minded too, but from where I sit I’m going to go crazy if all I have to choose from is “3rd person story driven single player action adventures”. I can’t stress enough I need multiplayer and more genres covered. Again not baiting that’s just my genuine perspective. I like multiplayer games, sci-fi FPS, wrpgs, RTS, turn based strategy, racing and the occasional immersive story driven adventure title. I’m sorry but you have to accept that there are people like me who like different genres and Xbox definitely covering more genres then Sony. And they speak to me on a personal level, so nothing disingenuous about my opinion.   

Last edited by sales2099 - on 17 June 2020

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Well, Sony already beated MS with the June Event, as MS didn't show any Great gameplay back in May. Now it's Microsoft turn to show their best 1st party Games, Like Halo, Forza, and a new IP. I believe Halo Infinite will be massive, spectacular. I smell the best Halo Game in the serie. It should be "Open World", there will be immense settings and a lot of emphasis will be given to exploration. It sounds to be the Game of the Show. Forza8 should be there as well, I hope some gameplay sequences. HellBlade II should be there in full glory, and I really hope to see a new Fable Game and Perfect Dark. This would be a Dream Event, who knows. MS must impress everybody after the Hype built from Sony few days ago. MS Show must be a total WOW.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.