By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - In your mind, what will the Xbox SX conference have to do to beat the PS5 conference?

Tagged games:

Answer the damned question!

Fantastic games 65 51.18%

100% backwards compatible with every Xbox 3 2.36%

VR Support 3 2.36%

Shockingly low price 21 16.54%

There's NOTHING they can do 31 24.41%

Other (please explain) 4 3.15%

Total:127

Bunches of gameplay. Show that their system is capable of running games at more than 30fps. Hit the point that 3rd party games will look and run better on the most powerful console. Tease new IPs.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Around the Network
Runa216 said:
Leynos said:

They announced these acquisitions in 2018. Games take time.  Plus they were not going to have them focus in 2018. Probably see at least a couple of these projects soon. We saw Hellblade 2.

Wasn't Insomniac purchased in 2019? And look what we got! new Spider-Man and new Ratchet & Clank game! Your argument is invalid. 

Wasn't Rare purchased in like 2000 or 2001? 

Insomiac was bought AFTER Spiderman came out and Spiderman is a game that took several years to even get greenlit. Some of the major people who made that deal happen have now long since moved on to other companies. Boys. (Now at Iron Galaxy) Johnny V (Nintendo) and others. Rare was bought in the non HD era. That era games were pumped out faster.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Double Post, ignore. 

Last edited by Runa216 - on 17 June 2020

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

LudicrousSpeed said:
To say the only decent thing on Xbox this gen has been Ori is just trolling, no matter how many paragraphs you want to write nonsense about.

IT's the only new thing, isn't it? that and Cuphead. Maybe TitanFall, but that wasn't really an Xbox Game since its sequel went to PS4. 

If you look at the top selling exclusives on the platform according to this very website, it goes: 

Halo, Gears, Halo, Gears, TitanFall, Dead Rising 3, Forza, Forza, Forza, Forza, Forza, Sunset Overdrive, Forza, Sea of Thieves. There's probably another Gears in there (Gears of War 5), but I can't find numbers for it. same with Crackdown 3. 

In that list of 16 games, 4 of them aren't Gears, Halo, or Forza. 3/4 exclusives on the console are one of the holy trinity. It's 1/4 Halo, 1/4 Gears, 1/4 Forza, and 1/4 everything else (not exactly, but you get my point.) Sunset Overdrive was made by Insomniac, Ori and Cuphead went to Switch, Crackdown suuuuuuucked, and Sea of Thieves took forever to get decent while TitanFall was great but migrated. What about that lineup of exclusives excites anyone. When combining the list of games that sold well and games that god good reviews, you get: 

Halo 5: Guardians (5 Million Sold, 84 Metacritic.)

Gears of War: Ultimate Edition (3.62 million sold, 82 Metacritic)

Halo: The Master Chief collection (3.44 million sold, 85 Metacritic)

Gears of War 4 (3.38 Million sold, 84 Metacritic)

TitanFall (3.11 Million sold, 86 Metacritic)

Dead Rising 3 (2.7 Million Units Sold, 78 Metacritic)

Forza Horizon 3 (2.50 Million Units Sold, 91 Metacritic)

Forza Motorsport 5 (2.40 Million Units Sold, 79 Metacritic)

Forza Horizon 4 (1.84 Million Units Sold, 92 Metacritic)

Forza Motorsport 7 (1.52 Million Units Sold, 86 Metacritic)

Ryse: Son of Rome (1.47 Million Units Sold, 60 Metacritic)

Forza Horizon 2 (1.46 Million Units Sold, 86 Metacritic)

Sunset Overdrive (1.16 Million Units Sold, 81 Metacritic)

Forza Motorsport 6 (1 Million Units Sold, 87 Metacritic)

Sea of Thieves (0.96 Million Units Sold, 69 Metacritic)

Halo Wars 2 (0.51 million Units Sold, 79 Metacritic)

Cuphead (Unknown sales, 86 Metacritic)

Ori and the Blind Forest (Unknown Sales, 88 Metacritic)

Ori and the Will of the Wisps (Unknown Sales, 90 Metacritic)

State of Decay 2 (Unknown Sales, 66 Metacritic)

What exactly about that slate of what is arguably the console's top 20 exclusives makes anyone excited? where's the innovation? where's the quality? Where are those top-sellers that we saw last gen like Halo's 10+ million entries or what-have-you? What happened to Halo? Seriously. Xbox and Xbox 360 Halos had scores of 97 (Combat Evolved), 95 (2), 94 (3), 87 (4), 91 (Reach), and 83 (ODST). Halo 5 got 84, the second lowest yet, besting only a tiny little side game in ODST. I know game reviewers are harsher now than they were back then, but Halo used to be a frontrunner and one of the most influential franchises of all time just 1-2 generations ago. Now it's just another generic shooter now that Bungie has moved on. Gears used to be a forerunner in graphics and visceral gameplay, now it's just another generic third person shooter. 

In comparison, the Ps4's games are much, MUCH better in terms of both sales AND reception. I was going to do a list much like the Xbox list up there, but almost all the top games on the console regardless of exclusivity are all remarkably good. 

The Last of Us Part II, Persona 5 Royal, The Last of Us Remastered, PErsona 5, God of War, Uncharted 4, Journey, Bloodborne, Flower, Tetris Effect, Dreams, Horizon Zero Dawn, NieR Automata (I can add this here if I can add cuphead/Ori to the Xbox List), Nioh, Nioh 2, Final Fantasy VII Remake, Spider-Man, Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection, the MLB games, the Yakuza games, Wipeout Omega Collection, Ratchet & Clank, a bunch of VR games like AStro-Bot and Moss, Ni No Kuni and Ni No Kuni 2, Uncharted The Lost Legacy, and just so, so many more. 

Yeah, Sony has franchises, too, but it's nowhere near as homogenized as what Xbox Has. Plus, Sony does a lot more one-off games and new IPs. Just in there, we have The Last of Us, Persona, God of War, Uncharted, Horizon, Nier, Nioh, Spider-Man, MLB, Yajuza, Ratchet & Clank, LittlebigPlanet, Knack, Killzone, inFamous, Resistance, Gran Turismo, and Ni no Kuni as exclusive franchises, and that;s not even scraping the surface of the obscure Japanese games that won't touch Xbox. They also have stuff like Bloodborne, Demon's Souls, Drive Club, flower, Dreams, and even more as games that were one-offs. So much variety, so much creativity. IT's not even close. Microsoft has to do a whoooooole lot more to even begin catching up with Sony. while Sony did have a 1 generation head start, the two brands should be a lot closer in output than they are. 

Keep in mind, Sony came in to challenge incumbent leader Nintendo in 1994 and ended up with back to back best-selling consoles of all time with the Ps1 (102 million units sold) and PS2 (157 million units sold), so you can't argue that Microsoft didn't stand a chance. They catered only to Americans and never went anywhere from there. they tried catering to the Japanese but failed miserably. and again, 20 years in the business isn't THAT much different from 26 years in the business. There's no way Microsoft can lean on 3 main pillars and scatter a few random things here and there. It just doesn't work that way. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

sales2099 said:
eva01beserk said:

How did you measure any off that? As far as I'm aware sot never breaks into the top 20 on twitch. And we have some ancient games in the top 20. Even valorant which is consifer a huge failure is there.

Sales? Never will know as ms only tells us players who probably at one point at least tried it. They dont even say active players or individual purchases.

Quality? By who's standard? I have never seen an outlet come out and praise how good sot is now. Granted I don't follow every outlet. But the is no buzz online of this game.

Steam put the game at 50000 playing every day, and maintaining and even growing rather then dropping. For a 2 year old game that is also on Win 10/Game Pass PC. Also #1 on PC Game Pass charts and usually floats somewhere from 9-12 on Xbox Game Pass. I really don’t know what to tell certain people that insist on being skeptical about this game, even after it has a healthy life long after people wrote it off. 

Quality id look up some re reviews. IGN, Gamespot come to mind and rated the game at least 8 (not willing to look up the exact scores because I have a suspicion you don’t care). I would imagine people of different tastes wouldn’t be talking much about it and that’s ok. It’s community is healthy and thriving and that’s all you need to know. 

https://www.onmsft.com/news/sea-of-thieves-sees-3-5-million-hours-of-steam-play-in-first-week-breaks-into-top-20

https://www.pcgamesn.com/sea-of-thieves/steam-player-count?amp

And it already droped dramatically since then, dint it? Meaning that it only saw that spike in popularity cuz it was available on stem finally, people played it, got bored and are moving on. That was an article from it was just launched and it was ovbiously high because it was new, now that we have more time we ee it drop. I was trying to see the drop but I cant show it. Maybe cuz its broken down into a 30 day chart and it dosent have that much time yet. I dont know. But lets wait untill that chart is available before maiking such claims. 

Gamepass? ok. It being high on a MS chart dosent really mean much in comparison.

I think Renna said all that needed to be said about the reviews.

DeusXmachina said:
eva01beserk said:

How did you measure any off that? As far as I'm aware sot never breaks into the top 20 on twitch. And we have some ancient games in the top 20. Even valorant which is consifer a huge failure is there.

Sales? Never will know as ms only tells us players who probably at one point at least tried it. They dont even say active players or individual purchases.

Quality? By who's standard? I have never seen an outlet come out and praise how good sot is now. Granted I don't follow every outlet. But the is no buzz online of this game.

SOT is 15 at twitch with 44.000 viewers RIGHT THIS MOMENT.

We don't know exact numbers but SOT was Xbox ones fastest selling new ip of this gen and it was at second place of Steam top sellers 2 weeks after it's release.

IGN and Gamespot has re-reviewed it and both gave it an 8. Plus, it has great user reviews on steam.

This has to be one of the most misinformed posts i have ever seen.

https://www.twitchmetrics.net/g/490377-sea-of-thieves

Great that for a time it broke the twitch top 20, but there are metrics and thats not its average. It rarely gets that high and as you can see its average is pretty bad. Sea of thieves launched on steam this june, its just spiked because is somewhat new at the moment, we gona have to wait till it settles down. As you can see in th te chartz it peaked early at 62k at it has been slowing down since then untill it eventually craters again. But i it dosent please show me again and I will happily take it back. A game getting re reviewed means nothing as the perception of the game is already that its a bad game and most people have moved on to better things. 

I can see that twitch has the last 7 days of the games activity. I tried going back but I dont seem to be able to. I would love to see the rank it had before it launched on steam. That would tell us the place it will settle down to after the hype is over. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network

Runa, Ok let’s climb off that high horse now. You can keep explaining the Xbox One gen till you are blue in the face. Doesn’t change the optimism me and many others share for the next gen. I’m not saying you should jump on the hype train, you clearly need to see the critical acclaim to be remotely swayed. That’s fine, but you saying it’s wrong to not prefer what you prefer with that kind of passion just doesn’t make you come off as well as you think. I explained myself, and I’m sure other Xbox fans have their motivations. We’re just excited that for the first time in years they seem to have their act together. Now you can accept that or be quiet. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Wow an even longer novel that time. I mean... you listed a lot of games there that have metas of 75+. What exactly qualifies as “decent” to you? Either way you are literally making my point for me lol.

Leynos said:
Runa216 said:

Wasn't Insomniac purchased in 2019? And look what we got! new Spider-Man and new Ratchet & Clank game! Your argument is invalid. 

Insomiac was bought AFTER Spiderman came out and Spiderman is a game that took several years to even get greenlit. Some of the major people who made that deal happen have now long since moved on to other companies. Boys. (Now at Iron Galaxy) Johnny V (Nintendo) and others. Rare was bought in the non HD era. That era games were pumped out faster.

And Sony hand picked Insomniac to make the Marvel IP and had R&C, Resistance and others developed there... they were already planning to purchase.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Leynos said:
Runa216 said:

Ninja Theory was bought in 2018 and by 2019 they already teased hellbalde 2 and project mara. Why was this an exception? 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

sales2099 said:

Runa, Ok let’s climb off that high horse now. You can keep explaining the Xbox One gen till you are blue in the face. Doesn’t change the optimism me and many others share for the next gen. I’m not saying you should jump on the hype train, you clearly need to see the critical acclaim to be remotely swayed. That’s fine, but you saying it’s wrong to not prefer what you prefer with that kind of passion just doesn’t make you come off as well as you think. I explained myself, and I’m sure other Xbox fans have their motivations. We’re just excited that for the first time in years they seem to have their act together. Now you can accept that or be quiet. 

I think thats where he is getting at. While there are people like you out there and nobody should tell you what to like, and you can be as hyped as you want. Everyone has their preferences and thats fine. But you seem to think that there are a mass amount off people like you out there, while you are in fact in the minority. While again, thats also fair to be. You seem to be hyping up a past and possible future that most do not like and are looking at what MS has presented and could show in the july event with just mistrust, denial, pessimism or whatever else.