By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's the most disappointing game system you've ever owned?

axumblade said:
The original 3DS. It literally hurt my fingers to play some of the games. Eventually I bought an XL but but by then the Switch had been announced so it didn't get much use.

Yeah, the original model of the 3DS was an overpriced game console for ants. $250 for such a small screen? Really? I felt so bad for all the early adopters when the XL model came out at $200. 

Around the Network
Cerebralbore101 said:
axumblade said:
The original 3DS. It literally hurt my fingers to play some of the games. Eventually I bought an XL but but by then the Switch had been announced so it didn't get much use.

Yeah, the original model of the 3DS was an overpriced game console for ants. $250 for such a small screen? Really? I felt so bad for all the early adopters when the XL model came out at $200. 

I don't because even if I don't follow portable or Nintendo much I know that putting new revisions (larger and smaller) to their portable is a thing they done since GB, same with Sony launching slims they done it all 4 gens.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Cerebralbore101 said:
axumblade said:

We got like 20 GBA and NES games as compensation so it wasn't all bad. 

Sega Saturn.

Xbox 360.

I had 2 of them and they both died, no warranty.

I had to pay to play online, unlike other systems.

The top games were letdowns compared to Original Xbox.

Around the Network
Farsala said:
Xbox 360.

I had 2 of them and they both died, no warranty.

I had to pay to play online, unlike other systems.

The top games were letdowns compared to Original Xbox.

If only MS never started the "pay to play online" nonsense. Even Nintendo does it now. -_-

Nate4Drake said:
Nintendo Switch, it's just collecting dust. Not even my son is playing it anymore.

Its strange how to this day I still prefer my wiiU over the switch, I got so many great games on wiiU so cheap, less than a quarter of the price of games on switch. Stuff like xenoblade chronicles, mario galaxy, mario and luigi U, wonderful 101, pikmin 1, 2 and 3 all with wiimote controls, metroid prime trilogy with wiimote, twilight princess and wind waker in HD, monster hunter Tri HD, Mario 3D world, so many great games on it and cheap, as a bonus I can control my TV from the gamepad (volume, channels).

I don't play portable, never will when I play on a 100inch projector with a very expensive 5.1 system, its hard to play on a 6inch screen with 2 hours battery with horrible audio.

The 3DS.

Good grief, what a steaming pile of goat vomit that system was.

I only got one cos Monster Hunter 4 was exclusive to it, and after Monster Hunter Tri was one of my favourite games of the 7th gen and my most played game of all time, I felt I couldn't miss out on its sequel. 

But the system itself, fucking hell. Just holding it made my hands hurt, the screen was fugly, the second analogue nub was an absolute joke, and every time I played on it, all I could think of was how much better the game would be on a proper console. 

Still to this day the only system I've ever regretted buying, and I've bought over a dozen different consoles.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 08 June 2020

Gamecube. The library was really limited, at least when it comes to games that I personally like. Its the console I've owned that I've used the least.
To a lesser extent the WiiU for the very same reasons. Tho since it was backwards comptaible with the wii I did ended up using it much more than the Gamecube.

The wii,i played mario galaxy and zelda twilight princes etc and gave the console to the children of my brother in law.