Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's the most disappointing game system you've ever owned?

The PS3 for me, I think it lacked in quality J-RPGs, the only one I truly loved was Ni no Kuni (and even that wasn't as great as the best of the PS2, PS1 or PS4).

Around the Network

3DS. I have some nice games for it but it just didn't have nearly as much to offer as DS.
To a lesser extent Wii U. It had some great games but it had too many dry spells and I also just hate how awkward the system is to use.
Istill own them tho.

No SEGA system let me down. TBH no Sony system either yet.

Xbox One would be here if I bought it but the reason I didn't get one is I knew it would underwhelm me. Just could not live up to the legacy of its predecessors.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

The Gamecube and honestly, it's actually more my own fault. I purchased it for Windwaker, Windwaker was bloody amazing. But I didn't purchase any other games for it at all. It was during my uni years and spent most the time replaying FF games and Tekken than really buying new games.

Last edited by The Fury - on 08 June 2020

Hmm, pie.

WiiU, never got its very own exclusive Zelda

Nothing to see here, move along

Wii U or GameGear..... Gamegear takes it.

I know people love gamecube here, but its one of those that never really impressed me that much either.
It wasnt as bad as Wii U or Gamegear, but it wasn't amasing either.

3rd worst = gamecube
2nd worst = Wii U
1st and worst = GameGear

Maybe I just had bad luck with games for it, I was pretty young back then and it was just stuff mom and dad bought for it.
However the gamegear experiance wasnt anything great for me

Last edited by JRPGfan - on 08 June 2020

Around the Network

I only owned the PS2, Wii, DS, Wii U, 3DS and Switch.
The worst will be the DS since I used it the least amount out all of these. The best times I had with the DS is when many of my classmates decided to bring their DS and play MarioKart. But I had fun using all of these consoles.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

PS4.  Too many of the games I'd normally like ended up as "meh" on PS4.  Didn't care for Bloodborne.  FF15?  meh.  The Last Guardian?  Might give it another chance, but I just can't get into it.  Didn't even try KH3, because the story is just too convoluted at this point. 

There were a few decent games I liked.  The only game I really, thoroughly enjoyed myself with was Dark Souls 3.  Spider-Man was pretty good too, but it still seemed disappointing compared to Spider-Man 2.  Overall, the whole system was extremely disappointing.

I still have it though, because it's good for streaming and playing Blu-Rays.

Probably Xbox one, and I still own it.

It’s pretty close between Xbox one, Wii u, and the Saturn. I still own them all. I pick the Xbox one because it really only has ok games, nothing that I really like. Wii U and Saturn at least had a few amazing games on it.

3DS, by far, it had horrible low resolution and screen compared to the Vita or even the PSP, the one I had was with the second joystick, that thing was the worst joystick I tried in 30 years of gaming., I never understood why Nintendo didn't just do 2 same joysticks instead of that second touch thing.

Gaming library was horrible, my favourite Nintendo titles were far too easy on the 3ds, obviously for kids, because on my WiiU games were harder such as mario, pikmin, etc.

Xbox 360 I think.

We got it for christmas in 2008, and for about one year it was a good time, I couldn't stop playing Rock Band online. But then in late 2009, this lightning struck very close to home, and it broke some stuff. The next day I came home from school, turned on the Xbox and it gave me the red ring of death. I freaked out a little, unplugged everything, then thought "I've no idea what I'm doing here", plugged everything in again, and voila, the console turned on again. But from that point onward, it never connected to the internet again. I suppose we could've sent it for repair, but my brother had spent all year insisting to me that we should mod the console to have more games on it (buying games wasn't an expense we could do with at the time), and this was his moment. I always told him it was stupid to make such a fuss about having more games, since all he ever plays is football games, but well, with no more online play it felt like there wasn't a point talking back.

So we modded it, and yeah, of course, all my brother played from that point on was FIFA 11, FIFA 12, FIFA 13, FIFA 14, FIFA 15... very important, lots of games, huh... and for me, well, I played some FIFA too and maybe a couple games more, but I don't even remember them. No memorable games on the system for me, except for those 8 months I had with Rock Band 2 before online went to shit.

(Edit: actually, there is one game I remember playing a lot of. Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved. Our system came with a demo of that game, and I had so much fun I ended up buying it. It was never the "primary" game I was playing at any given time, but throughout the entire lifespan of our Xbox I would always find myself going back to it. It was really fun. I think my high score was just over 1 million points.)

The other console I'd consider here is the PS1. I don't remember many games from it. I loved Crash Bandicoot growing up, I remember beating the trilogy with a friend of mine (took us sooo long to beat the first game!), but other than that I really don't think I had any other memorable experiences.

By the way, the consoles I've owned are SNES, Mega Drive, Game Boy Color, PS1, PS2, Xbox 360, 3DS, Wii U, Switch.

Last edited by mZuzek - on 08 June 2020