By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's the most disappointing game system you've ever owned?

The Gamecube and honestly, it's actually more my own fault. I purchased it for Windwaker, Windwaker was bloody amazing. But I didn't purchase any other games for it at all. It was during my uni years and spent most the time replaying FF games and Tekken than really buying new games.

Last edited by The Fury - on 08 June 2020

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network

WiiU, never got its very own exclusive Zelda

Wii U or GameGear..... Gamegear takes it.

I know people love gamecube here, but its one of those that never really impressed me that much either.
It wasnt as bad as Wii U or Gamegear, but it wasn't amasing either.

3rd worst = gamecube
2nd worst = Wii U
1st and worst = GameGear

Maybe I just had bad luck with games for it, I was pretty young back then and it was just stuff mom and dad bought for it.
However the gamegear experiance wasnt anything great for me

Last edited by JRPGfan - on 08 June 2020

I only owned the PS2, Wii, DS, Wii U, 3DS and Switch.
The worst will be the DS since I used it the least amount out all of these. The best times I had with the DS is when many of my classmates decided to bring their DS and play MarioKart. But I had fun using all of these consoles.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

PS4.  Too many of the games I'd normally like ended up as "meh" on PS4.  Didn't care for Bloodborne.  FF15?  meh.  The Last Guardian?  Might give it another chance, but I just can't get into it.  Didn't even try KH3, because the story is just too convoluted at this point. 

There were a few decent games I liked.  The only game I really, thoroughly enjoyed myself with was Dark Souls 3.  Spider-Man was pretty good too, but it still seemed disappointing compared to Spider-Man 2.  Overall, the whole system was extremely disappointing.

I still have it though, because it's good for streaming and playing Blu-Rays.

Around the Network

Probably Xbox one, and I still own it.

It’s pretty close between Xbox one, Wii u, and the Saturn. I still own them all. I pick the Xbox one because it really only has ok games, nothing that I really like. Wii U and Saturn at least had a few amazing games on it.

3DS, by far, it had horrible low resolution and screen compared to the Vita or even the PSP, the one I had was with the second joystick, that thing was the worst joystick I tried in 30 years of gaming., I never understood why Nintendo didn't just do 2 same joysticks instead of that second touch thing.

Gaming library was horrible, my favourite Nintendo titles were far too easy on the 3ds, obviously for kids, because on my WiiU games were harder such as mario, pikmin, etc.

Same. Played Super Mario 64 and was blown away. Played Pilot Wings and was less blown away. Waited a long time for Wave Race and was again blown away. I think I ended the year with Killer Instinct Gold and Mario Kart 64 and...a lot of waiting. And a lot less "being blown away".

My friend showed me Tekken 2 and suddenly I needed a PS1. By the end of '97, my N64 served almost no purpose at all. I actually sold it and didn't get another until like Christmas 1999 (mainly for my little sisters). By then, the generation was pretty much over and nothing seemed worth playing. No great fighters. No great RPGs. Nothing really. I didn't even play Zelda until like 2002 because it just didn't look good anymore (of course I was wrong about that one).

Vita followed by 3DS. I loved the PSP and DS. The successors could not compare.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Nintendo Switch, it's just collecting dust. Not even my son is playing it anymore.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.