By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's the most disappointing game system you've ever owned?

S.Peelman said:
Every word in the OP is wrong though.

But yeah, uhh either WiiU or Vita, but I'll vote for WiiU because I didn't get a Vita expecting to put much time into playing it; I just wanted to play Uncharted. WiiU however was a main Nintendo console, and it never delivered. There was no 'fire' in Nintendo, games were never ambitious (except Breath of the Wild, but that was delayed so much that you can't really consider it a WiiU game anymore) and it shows.

Before that I was probably most disappointed by the Gamecube. Why am I a Nintendo fan again?

Hey now, N64 was revolutionary for it's time!

PS1 didn't have analogue until April 1997, and even then it was pathetic compared to N64's. Too many PS1 games started development using the D-Pad, and so that same D-Pad code was used for the analogue controls. This resulted in many games with analogue controls not really having a gradient of input levels. It was all just either on or off, like a D-Pad. 

Four controller ports, and almost all multiplayer games made for four players!

An awesome controller that was comfortable to hold!

Z-Trigger button was innovative and awesome! 

First game console to do Rumble!

First game console to have games that did 3D right. (Ocarina of Time, and Mario 64). 

The N64 expansion pack was the first mid-gen upgrade!

Around the Network
Cerebralbore101 said:
S.Peelman said:

But yeah, uhh either WiiU or Vita, but I'll vote for WiiU because I didn't get a Vita expecting to put much time into playing it; I just wanted to play Uncharted. WiiU however was a main Nintendo console, and it never delivered. There was no 'fire' in Nintendo, games were never ambitious (except Breath of the Wild, but that was delayed so much that you can't really consider it a WiiU game anymore) and it shows.

Before that I was probably most disappointed by the Gamecube. Why am I a Nintendo fan again?

PS1 didn't have analogue until April 1997, and even then it was pathetic compared to N64's. Too many PS1 games started development using the D-Pad, and so that same D-Pad code was used for the analogue controls. This resulted in many games with analogue controls not really having a gradient of input levels. It was all just either on or off, like a D-Pad. 

First game console to have games that did 3D right. (Ocarina of Time, and Mario 64). 

From what I remember the controller itself DS1 had only "digital" logic, it had the 8 positions (on both analogs) but there was no gradient. That came with DS2, and on DS3 they added the analog to the digital (pressure dependent). On DS4 I never noticed a difference from the amount of pressure except on shoulder buttons and triggers.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

From what I remember the controller itself DS1 had only "digital" logic, it had the 8 positions (on both analogs) but there was no gradient. That came with DS2, and on DS3 they added the analog to the digital (pressure dependent). On DS4 I never noticed a difference from the amount of pressure except on shoulder buttons and triggers.

Right you are! It wasn't until DS2 that Sony had analogue on par with N64. I didn't own a Sony system until 2006, so I didn't know. 

X360.
Got it for the Fable games and they ended up being meh and came pc anyway

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

I have never been disappointed with any console. Of course in a discussion were we have to make balance of what each one offered I would say something bad about them. But as far as personal enjoyment... nope. Each console I've had provided something valuable for me on its time.

The closest thing I can think of is the PS4, because during the first two-three years since I bought it didn't do too much for me. It gathered dust while the Wii U went hot nearly every day next to it. But eventually I ended up enjoying a considerable amount of great games on it, so I can't say it was ultimately a disappointment.

Around the Network
Cerebralbore101 said:
S.Peelman said:

Yeah I’m just kidding. I probably have an unreasonably biased view of the N64. I wouldn’t call it ‘blinded by nostalgia’, there’s too much awesome stuff on there, and yeah the controller is misunderstood, but it did do a lot to shape my gaming life.

The gameboy advance. Advance wars was a good game, but most games I had for it were a little disappointing. Mostly because the screen was just too smal for my taste :)

Besides the gameboy advance I did own a Nes, N64, Xbox, Wii en Switch en neither of those were disappointing.

PS3, my first and last Sony console.

Xbox360. All i got out of it were Halo games which were meh.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
My switch is collecting dusk since end of january when i got bored of Zelda. There is no deals on Nintendo store too while on PSN is always something worth buying with a a good deal.

Maibe after ghosts of tsushima i Will buy something in There but só far the switch is the most diassapointing console i ever had

There's like ALWAYS deals on the Nintendo store, though. I have to stop myself from buying things because my backlog was so huge. And if something on your wish list goes on sale, they actually email you.