By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Last of Us Part II - Review Thread (MC: 93 / OC: 93)

Tagged games:

Some negative scores do not make sense,there are well articulated negative reviews that like always give a 0/10 and those two go so weirdly together that it almost seems like some of them are just bots autoscoring with copy paste reviews.

Around the Network
Bonzinga said:
ArchangelMadzz said:
These reviews are actually hilarious:

"game is beautiful,great graphics...but story ...trash trash and one more trash
gameplay:9/10
graphics:8.8/10
combat:9/10
story:4/10"

What was his score?

0 out of 10

Death Stranding

https://thenextweb.com/gaming/2019/12/09/metacritic-death-strandings-negative-ratings/

Which personally I think is stupid, because unless Metacritic does it with every game, it becomes bias towards Metacritic's balance. Nitpicking some games to fair up the scores and not to others is a poor way of showing fairness. Just my opinion. 

Google: Metacritic, the video game review and rating aggregator website, recently deleted about 6,000 negative user ratings for Death Stranding, bumping up the score for the latest Hideo Kojima game.

^ That just doesn't sit right with me, Kojima gets a special service all of a sudden.

Ahhh yes! That was it! Thank you

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Are we using this as an official discussion thread now, or is there another thread I've missed?

We're now somehow up to 5,712 "user" scores on Metacritic, which is equal to fully the majority of user reviews the original game got in grand total (both versions). Amazing. The game's barely been available for 8 hours.

CGI-Quality said:
Immersiveunreality said:

Are you sure about that or just saying?

Just giving his alternate opinion. :)

*claps*

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Around the Network

I think Abby looks like she could be Ellies big sister,they share some facial features,could be done to relate to her more easily.

I really wish Opencritic had user reviews. They wouldn't let people review bomb like this. They could have a system set up so you could only give one score of 0 a year per account. In fact all review scores could be limited per user. Something like people only being able to give out one 10/10, three 9/10, six 8/10, etc per year. If users were limited in their review scores like that, and had to actually place value on giving a game a 0/10 or 10/10, I think eventually critic reviews wouldn't be needed. IMO all critic reviews are just people that have some sort of halfway decent competent taste in games, and are professional enough not to give too many games scores on too high or low of the spectrum. By competent taste in games, I mean people like the ones on this site, that actually like games as a hobby beyond just Fifa, CoD, Madden, etc.

Thanks CGI.

I'm about 3 hours in so far, just got to the "free roam" part of the game and it's been quite the ride so far already. They nailed the opening, introducing you to new characters and the overall tone that the game will be taking. You can get a lot from those opening few hours.

For anyone playing it, did you spot a certain cameo right at the beginning of the game? 

Spoiler!
They put Gustavo Santaolalla in! Playing the banjo while you walk through the town.

Edit -

Also, if you can, I highly recommend everyone to play this with a headset. The sound design is incredible, particularly when you're around clickers.

Last edited by Carl - on 19 June 2020

Some major early game spoiler discussion before I get back to it.

Spoiler!

After knowing the big early twist from leaks, I was eager to see how they actually went through with Abby killing Joel and was quite concerned over the build up and the whole handling of how shit goes down.

We get little hints that they're looking for Jackson and someone there during our first introduction to Abby. Playing as her for that short time, meeting Joel and Tommy then seeing her reaction when she finds out who they actually are really sells it that there's something wrong. She zones out as soon as she finds out they're Tommy and Joel. After that, the tension in the scene where they announce to the group who they are is something else and that shotgun to the knee comes completely out of nowhere. Really well acted scene and opening. I really liked them switching between perspectives in the lead up too.

Really digging Dina as the support character too.

Interested to hear how other people feel about that opening couple hours.

User reviews are ridiculous 4k reviews with 3k negative and average 3.4

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."