By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Linus - I’ve Disappointed and Embarrassed Myself (re: PS5 SSD)

HollyGamer said:

Tim Sweeney react to it LOL 

Anime: Haruhi                                                                                      Anime: Love Live
                              Nsfw Anime Thread                                                                             Join our Anime Threads!
                             Sfw Anime Thread                                                                                VGC Tutorial Thread

Around the Network
eva01beserk said:
Isnt linus the biggest techtuber? Hopefully this will have a trickle down affect and we can end this ssd war once and for all.

I don't know the techtube well but around 11 million subs.  Plus he is one of the biggest "pc mater race" people out there. So him talking nice on PS is pretty huge.

• Deadliest mass shooting by an individual in US history (10/01/2017)
  • Deadliest high school shooting in US history (02/14/2018)
  • Deadliest massacre of Jews in US history (10/27/2018)
  • Political assassination attempt of TWO former presidents(and 10+ other people)  (10/23/2018 - and beyond)

I mean, apologising is good and all... but when is he gonna' apologise for wearing sandals and socks? That's the real crime here...

I was very disappointed myself. 

But the users that badmouth Sony won't agree SSD on PS5 is the good stuff, but will keep calling it secret sauce.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Good on him. Those in the know.......... know.

It would be really surreal if those in the know didn't know.

Last edited by mjk45 - on 05 June 2020

mjk45 said:
CGI-Quality said:
Good on him. Those in the know.......... know.

It would be really sureal if though's in the know didn't know.

It's isn't surreal, because those not in it are obvious. :)

Bristow9091 said:
I mean, apologising is good and all... but when is he gonna' apologise for wearing sandals and socks? That's the real crime here...

Isn't it fashionable now? I have no idea xP

Props to the guy. Also he breaks down as to why commercial SSD solutions on PC don't offer anywhere near the I/O performance in regards to games. And goes as far as to say that its one area that it actually has a big advantage over anything else. Its a whole new way of thinking and quite innovative stuff we, as gamers should be happy for.

If Microsoft/intel/Nvidia/AMD worked together and find a way to bring this to PC it would be awesome.

CGI-Quality said:
mjk45 said:

It would be really sureal if though's in the know didn't know.

It's isn't surreal, because those not in it are obvious. :)

One thing is obvious  on rereading is my spelling isn't in the know.

HollyGamer said:

We should soon get a taste of what the PlayStation 5 can really do, given that the showcase event has been confirmed for Thursday, June 4th at 1 PM Pacific Time.

Erm, that was yesterday. Wasn't that showcase postponed due to the protests?
https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/gaming/1291886/PS5-reveal-event-date-Sony-update-next-gen-showcase-PlayStation
No new date yet, coming soon.