By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Linus - I’ve Disappointed and Embarrassed Myself (re: PS5 SSD)

Snoopy said:
HollyGamer said:

SSD is crucial especially for future engine and rendering tech, many developer requested this especially EPIC . Sony focus on this and when nuts on this side to make costume solution. 

It's really affecting the competion and the result of game design. It really matter for game engine like UE5 , but it wont matter much on old engine like UE 4 or Unity or game engine which not has any streamming data realtime. 

I'll believe it when I see it. Only few games right now require/recommend an SSD and it doesn't care what speed it is at.

Unless you don't believe @CGI-Quality and plenty of devs that talked about SSD then you already have seem it. Otherwise you probably won't believe even when seeing.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
Snoopy said:

I'll believe it when I see it. Only few games right now require/recommend an SSD and it doesn't care what speed it is at.

Unless you don't believe @CGI-Quality and plenty of devs that talked about SSD then you already have seem it. Otherwise you probably won't believe even when seeing.

“If it’s not X-Box, I don’t believe it.”

Hynad said:
DonFerrari said:

I think the lack of knowledge on game development and on lack of info on how this new paradigm will affecting game development, resulting on many people doubt SSD/IO will change a lot of thing. Even many PS fans (i also had my doubt back in 2019 ) still not understand the important of IO and SSD. Hell most of them are PC, PS fans, Xbox fans , and Nintendo fans who don't have time to do some research will still think " Teraflop " is still the most important factor. 

Glad i am doing my own research and glad a lot of Youtube videos explained this. 

HollyGamer said:
Hynad said:

I think the lack of knowledge on game development and on lack of info on how this new paradigm will affecting game development, resulting on many people doubt SSD/IO will change a lot of thing. Even many PS fans (i also had my doubt back in 2019 ) still not understand the important of IO and SSD. Hell most of them are PC, PS fans, Xbox fans , and Nintendo fans who don't have time to do some research will still think " Teraflop " is still the most important factor. 

Glad i am doing my own research and glad a lot of Youtube videos explained this. 

Perhaps I'm to gullible, but if several devs explain the tech in layman term and it makes sense plus no evidence of they lying I'll believe it until proven otherwise.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

DonFerrari said:
HollyGamer said:

Perhaps I'm to gullible, but if several devs explain the tech in layman term and it makes sense plus no evidence of they lying I'll believe it until proven otherwise.

Yeah, we will have to wait and see for Digital foundry for that and another 2 to 3 years for third party to implemented this new tech. But for sure first party studio will shine and will able to harness this features most. Both console are great the end result will be just "who will produce  great games ".  

Around the Network

Dint take long for this to be another xbox vs PlayStation topic. Really wish they anounce that danm event so we can put this to rest.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

eva01beserk said:
Dint take long for this to be another xbox vs PlayStation topic. Really wish they anounce that danm event so we can put this to rest.

It won't ever be put to rest.

DonFerrari said:
Snoopy said:

Wouldn't be the first time CGI or devs exagerated a feature.

Snoopy said:
DonFerrari said:

Wouldn't be the first time CGI or devs exagerated a feature.

Really.. just wait until the PS5 and XBX game reveals before making a prejudgement.

One of the biggest upgrade you can give to a PC is installing a SSD. Now imagine replacing a slow laptop drive with a ultra-fast NVMe drive with games taking advantage of said speed.

Last edited by hinch - on 07 June 2020

Snoopy said:
DonFerrari said:

Wouldn't be the first time CGI or devs exaggerated a feature.

I think the media who the one exaggerated things.  Developper is  just telling for what it is. That's why, to be fair on judging things, we have to see from different perspective, different angle and different source. 

Just learn from Linus, He admitted he was wrong. He did his homework/own research  and apologize. You can do too  you know.