By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Outer Worlds Switch port

This is really disappointing, since I was really looking for ward to this port.  But Digital Foundry, Gamexplain,a nd other reviewers seem to be agreement.  Not only is the graphical downgrade worse than expected, with horrible textures and almost no foliage apparently, plus technical problems like enemies popping into existence and a framerate that gets worse and worse the longer the game goes on.

Around the Network

It's Borderlands 2 for Vita all over again. God, so awful xD

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Not surprised at all, as I was thinking before, the real identity of Switch is just a handheld console, the so called "hybrid" console things is just smokescreen for making it as expensive as a home console, when Nintendo saw it got success after 2 years, they made it a true handheld as intended, not gonna lie, they are smart.

Wow...PS4 Pro it is then. There are plenty of other games to play that were developed properly for the hybrid console.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Around the Network

Shame, I was looking forward to getting it for the Switch. I hope it gets a performance patch in the future.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Looks like the switch pull the old switcheroo on us, huh guys.

Yeah, it's an embarrassment, but expected. They'll probably try to patch it up down the road but the Switch is still not, nor has it been a platform where ports are easy and without heavy compromise. And I may be going a tad bit off topic, but seeing things like this is one reason I hope Nintendo Switch's successor comes sooner than later, hopefully Holiday 2022, Early 2023 at the latest. I understand that these ports aren't particularly what is making the Switch sell so well, but I can't imagine this helps the Switch's image for the long run.

NathanSSSS said:
Not surprised at all, as I was thinking before, the real identity of Switch is just a handheld console, the so called "hybrid" console things is just smokescreen for making it as expensive as a home console, when Nintendo saw it got success after 2 years, they made it a true handheld as intended, not gonna lie, they are smart.

Well this comment was like the ARK Switch port.

Well, time for a Switch Pro