Forums - Sony Discussion - Official PS5 Reveal Leaks Topic

the-pi-guy said:
trunkswd said:

You have a link to the source?

https://boards.4channel.org/v/thread/510423509

It feels a little too convenient that there would be a showing of a huge PS5 on a sheet.

Ah yeah I was wondering if the source would be even remotely credible enough for an article labeling it as a rumor. But no way with 4chan. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Around the Network
Leynos said:
It's an Xbox One VCR.

Speaking of which, I remember this skin that was produced for the OG Xbox One:

That wood veneer paneling and brushed nickel face reminds me so much of an 80s-era VCR. In fact, I remember a lot of home electronics had a similar aesthetic, including my father's old stereo system:

Honestly, I wish modern consoles had an official old-school edition with wood veneer paneling.

Last edited by Shadow1980 - on 05 June 2020

Guys, anytime we see a leaked PS5 image and its not white or has white on it... Its automatically fake. The console will match the controller.

Xxain said:

Guys, anytime we see a leaked PS5 image and its not white or has white on it... Its automatically fake. The console will match the controller.

This. There tends to be consistent design cues from console boxes to controllers.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

shikamaru317 said:

The design of the system has possibly been leaked:

This looks like such an obvious fan render.

And the PS5 showcase is a digital event. Why would this situation in this picture even exist? 

Around the Network
Xxain said:

Unless Sony surprises and announces two colors for day 1!

But really, the console should have at least two colors.

twintail said:
shikamaru317 said:

The design of the system has possibly been leaked:

This looks like such an obvious fan render.

And the PS5 showcase is a digital event. Why would this situation in this picture even exist? 

Personally looks too realistic to be a render imo. Could be a 3D print job though, we’ve seen fakers do that before. 

Might not be from the digital event, could have been taken from a presentation of the system to developers months ago possibly. Or it could be fake of course.

I'm personally hoping for something like this: I like the look of it and it matches the controller and dev kit design wonderfully, without looking terrible.

the-pi-guy said:

I'm personally hoping for something like this: I like the look of it and it matches the controller and dev kit design wonderfully, without looking terrible.

Yes, please. I'm honestly digging the two-tone B&W scheme. I also saw an XSX-esque tower design fan render that looked pretty cool, though in all likelihood the actual system will be more like the traditional flat-style design, just bulkier.

EDIT: Found it:

Last edited by Shadow1980 - on 05 June 2020

https://www.psu.com/news/rad-bink-middleware-sdk-hits-1-0-suggests-ps5-nda-is-now-over/