By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - PS5 Games Event - Postponed To Support Protests - Rescheduled Date TBD

Ugh, might as well push back the release of the console to next year now. So when are they going to start marketing? The freakin' day the console releases? PS4 was revealed in FEBRUARY of 2013 for a release that year. Are we really to believe that the console is releasing this year when the damn console hasn't even been officially presented yet in JUNE ?

Life is never going to be calm with no suffering, tensions, dramas, deaths, etc. It's just a misplaced sense of empathy. Sony is not earning any points in my book.

Around the Network

Well Sony is pretty much a US company by now, so I guess it makes sense to postpone it.

KLXVER said:
Well Sony is pretty much a US company by now, so I guess it makes sense to postpone it.

Arn't their 2 biggest guys, europeans? and also its biggest market is europe right?

Rêveur said:
Ugh, might as well push back the release of the console to next year now. So when are they going to start marketing? The freakin' day the console releases? PS4 was revealed in FEBRUARY of 2013 for a release that year. Are we really to believe that the console is releasing this year when the damn console hasn't even been officially presented yet in JUNE ?

Life is never going to be calm with no suffering, tensions, dramas, deaths, etc. It's just a misplaced sense of empathy. Sony is not earning any points in my book.

Consoles being revealed 6months ahead of time is the norm, Xbox One was revealed in May. A week delay isn't going to make a diffference.

JRPGfan said:
KLXVER said:

Arn't their 2 biggest guys, europeans? and also its biggest market is europe right?

Yes, but they conduct business like a US company.

Around the Network
Otter said:
Nautilus said:
Oh for fucks sake Sony. Are you really going to delay your conference because of some idiots tearing down stores?

If you are going to wait for the world to be at peace everywhere, where there is zero issue going around, you might as well dig your grave and lie there in wait, with all the people diyng of hunger, disease, prejudice from both white and black people, corrupt politicians, and so on.

God, after all these shitty months, I was really looking foward to this. It's probably delayed for just one week, but still....

The US is too big of a market to risk all the negative attention and general weakened impact of new game/console announcements. Social media which is majorly US driven would not be kind to them if the states are in just as bad or an even worse situation come Thursday. They definitely could have continued but it would have been a risk. 2 things are for sure though

1. The show will have more impact at a later date when less shit is happening in the US.

2. If sony are genuine about their support for BLM and anti-racism, then this is a very strong message.

You overestimatehow much people spend their time consuming news. This ''incident'' will last for weeks, and by the time thursday arrives, people will not only welcome the change of pace and watch some positive news(PS5) to brighten their moods, but also will be sick and tired of hering how a protest in favor of black people are tearing down stores owned by black people.

Plus, you know, EU is as big, if not bigger, of a market for Playstation than the US.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

DonFerrari said:
Nautilus said:
Oh for fucks sake Sony. Are you really going to delay your conference because of some idiots tearing down stores?

If you are going to wait for the world to be at peace everywhere, where there is zero issue going around, you might as well dig your grave and lie there in wait, with all the people diyng of hunger, disease, prejudice from both white and black people, corrupt politicians, and so on.

God, after all these shitty months, I was really looking foward to this. It's probably delayed for just one week, but still....

Gotta please the masses that think USA is the world. Worse things happen daily everywhere in the world, but that doesn't affect profit or company image as much as not taking a political stance on USA matters.

Exactly. Unfortunely so.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

PortisheadBiscuit said:
Nautilus said:

I for one am glad the people at Sony aren't this tone deaf...

Assuming you were this concerned about the world issues, you wouldn't waste your time playing games or reading news about games when there is so much disaster happening around the world.

Lets not be hypocrites here.

melbye said:
Chances that there is not gonna be leaks now?

Most games are probably going to leak now. Don't frequent gaming forum or news sites for the next week if you want to avoid them.

It's funny that they are showing a very strong commitment to the cause of the protests, yet they decide to show their support in the most stupid, nonsensical and hardly productive way possible xD